What on Earth is a HillJack

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Jul 3, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have getting alot of questions lately about What on Earth is a HillJack? Well after much thought (and the input of multiple BOC members), here is the definition that I composed. Somebody alert Websters dictionary, we might have a new word. After reading tell me what you think? It makes me wonder how many of us would consider themselves a HillJack!

What on Earth is a HillJack??
    Hillbilly + Jack of all Trades = HillJack
    The term HillJack refers to people who live in remote, rural, and somewhat mountainous regions of the United States (closely related to the people known as “Hillbillies” or “Rednecks”). A HillJack is competent at performing many skilled task (mostly manual labor), but is not the master of any one. The HillJack is described as an extremely proud American (somewhat backward and socially unsophisticated) who is willing to stand up for what He/She believes; never willing to compromise their integrity or values. HillJacks are a self reliant group who have been known to spend countless hours in pursuit of nature’s most prized creations: CATFISH, WHITE TAIL, and yes even a deer once in a while!

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    yeah, every now and then you have to bag a deer to make it believable. lol.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks all feedback is welcome

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sounds like a yankee definition to me! All us southern boys know you gotta have two first names, not a last name followed by a first name. Now if you're gonna combine hillbilly and jack of all trades, it oughta be BILLYJACK!

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Very nice, I look forward to the competition!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That describes me quite a bit...:wink::big_smile:

Thanks for the definition!:wink::cool2:

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Glad that I could help out. I think it reaches a large amount of people here on the BOC

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    For 63 years I have heard it used as a opposite to "Flat Lander".

As a kid,I was led to believe that Ridge Runners",Bottom Landers" and "Flat Landers" all had two legs the same length so as to be able to stand straight on flat land and "Hill Jacks" and "Hill Billy's" have one leg shorter than the other so as to be able to stand up straight on a hill side.

Now I have found many "Hill Jacks"and "Hill Billy's" to be born with the "Birth Defect" or "handicap" of both legs being the same length.This is why you find so many handicapped "Hill Jacks" and "Hill Billies" with equal length legs down in the Flat woods!

Now for the "Ridge Runners"and "Bottom Landers".It seems as if the "deformed""Hill Jacks"and"Hill Billy's" Run the "Ridges" and stay in the "Bottoms" they can stand up straight with their "Handicap" of two equal length legs.

My wife is one of these poor handicapped folk from the town of Erwin,Unicoi County in East Tennessee.She was a "Ridge Runner".She got to running them ridges so far that she ended up on Tybee Island Georgia.Being she can't swim,she had to stop or drown.Being she ain't partial to drowning,she stopped.She is the only person that I have ever seen go completely under 3 times,come up,stand and the water did not touch her knees.This is the truth.She can also stand and hide behind a Cane pole!

Now me,I am 6 foot high,but only when I am laying down!

Now this is the way I have these words down as to their meaning.

I am going to add "Swamp Rat" here.You can always tell a "Swamp Rat".He or she is always bare footed and you can see the "Webs" between our toes unless we have been in the military.The military cuts out the webs so that we can wear shoes!A "Swamp Rat vet" is always handicapped as they will now bog & sink in the swamp like the "Outside folk".

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Isn't he a detective down in Texas? Oops, that's Billy Mac. He knows just exactly what the facts is.

Billy Jack, there's a legend about him I believe. Listen children to a story.....

10. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    101st Airborne Rocks Thanks for being there HILLJACK.:0a36::0a26::0a27::0a31::0a31:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i got you boys some stuff coming to ease the desert life if just a tad. thanks for the efforts.:wink:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I always thought a hiiljack was someone who laid on his front porch all day drinking moonshine, or pabst blue ribbon:eek:oooh:
    Someone who had no electricity or indoor plumbing.
    Some one who had few teeth, and called his sister his girlfriend:smile2:

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Hilljack, aint that them 3 crazy brothers that crab fish on the Discovery Channel?

14. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    No those are inbreads flathunter!:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Pencil me in Shane as an official hilljac. My momma couldn't have described me better. I'm so country my breath smells like wood smoke and dang proud of it.:cool2:

16. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey brothers thanks for letting me know about yourselves and for the input on my little bit of work here.

17. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
  18. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am surprised that this post has died so quickly, are we sure there are not more HillJacks out there hiding