What new Catfishing Items can we look forward to for 2009?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by whisker maniac, Jan 1, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Was just wondering if anyone had any Insight of anything new coming out for the this year.
    Whether it be rods, reels, baits, hooks, or whatever. With Catfishing becoming more and more popular I would think that all the fishing manufacturers would be really trying to get the jump on all the others and would be coming out with a lot of new and innovative products for catfishermen.

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think it probably won't be too long before someone comes out with an automatic smart reel....with a computer chip...just cast it out and it reels the fish in when a fish gets hooked on the circle hook. All we will have to do is "CPR". No skills required!!! Just a good Camera:wink:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    some bigger thin wire circle hooks would be nice.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The truth is that nothing is really "needed" for catching catfish, except maybe time.

Figure out how to add a few more hours to the day and you might be able to make some money! :wink:

Seriously, catching catfish is actually simple and requires simply tackle and baits. Thats really what has kept the "money" out of the catfish tournaments.

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    nothing may be needed but lest we forget this sport started with just using a cane pole while sitting on the bank. Look how far we have come so far with innovations to rods, reels, boats, terminal tackle, electronics, motors etc.

It's always nice just to see what has been developed or what new items are offered due to progress and technology.

6. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    I wish the dang fish would have to spend a few dollars like we do!!
    It would be really nice to see new technology that could identify species of fish, so you could really set up on whatever you are targeting.

a reel that would set drag automatically would be nice to.
    they got smart guitars that tune themselves now, so why not smart reels??

7. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    catfish1.com is coming out with a new fishing pole that all you have to do is program your computer and it will down load it to the pole and catch whatever kind and size fish you want.thats what i heard

8. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Anybody seen the new Carrot Stik Gold rods?

They are made from 30% graphite...and 70% Nano level cellulous fibre...literally carrots...and are said to be one tough hombre.

I'm thinking of getting one of the 7'9" extra heavy models for my newest Ambassadeur Big Game 7000 i baitcast reel.

They sure are a good looking rod...and according to field testers...they are VERY rugged and durable.

http://www.e21sports.com/fishing/products.php?category=1

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h/search-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I think the next 5 years, we will see so much new stuff for catfishing. Some of it will be of help. Looking forward to seeing what is next.
    I have a new product, that will be on the site Monday. Got tired of hearing of people dropping stuff overboard. And it sinking. So designed something that will help us save our fish grips, Dip Nets camera's or about anything you can think of that needs help floating when dropped overboard.
    Pete