What muzzleoaders are everyone shooting??

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by kyelkhunter3006, Sep 2, 2009.

1. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    There was thread about muzzleloader bullets in another forum on there, so I figured we should have a thread about the rifles we're shooting them in.:wink:

I just sold a T/C Omega and picked up a couple of Pedersoli Brutus 94 rifles to play with this year. Not even scoped yet. New toys, oh man!!

In the past:

T/C Omega Z5
    T/C Omega Stainless
    T/C Encore (five different ones)
    T/C Black Diamond (three different ones)
    CVA Hunter Bolt
    CVA Fire Bolt
    Traditions Tracker 209
    Traditions Evolution
    Traditions Lightning Bolt
    Traditions Deer Hunter in .50 and .32
    Traditions Springfield Hawken
    Knight Disc Elite
    Knight Disc Elite Stainless
    Knight Disc Extreme
    Knight T-Bolt
    Knight Wolverine
    Knight TK2000

Yeah, I've played with a few...:smile2:

2. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I shoot a Thompson center Black Diamond.Not the most $ muzzelloader,but as far as they go,I would consider it a tack driver.Hornady SSt and 150 grains of triple 7.Cant wait for thr last week of october,thats when oklahoma ML season starts and I am on vacation all week,WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

3. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Thompson Center Renegade .54 cal.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    My wife and I shoot Knight Wolverines. Still play with my traditional CVA 50 cal.

5. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    They are a nice quality gun. I've never seen one that didn't shoot well. They (along with the Wolverine) are probably the best rifle you can get, dollar for dollar. They are simple to operate, almost fool-proof, and handle well. Anyone that shoots one is a well armed hunter.

6. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    I use to have a 50cal when I was younger. I just picked up a Savage 10ML-ll 50cal with the Ultimate Slam Leupold scope so I can use rifle powder. That will save a lot of cleaning for me during season. I am using 60gr of IMR 4198 and a 250gr XTP .451 dia with MMP black sabot.

7. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    Those guns get raved about by those who use them. One of my things with muzzleloaders is , it's all about the smoke...gotta have the smoke. I love it!

8. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    Oops, I forgot the Bass Pro Shops Eclipse (CVA) and the Knight Rolling Block. I think that there's another one or two floating in the back of my mind too... Hmmm...

9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I use a T/C Omega, and it's not gonna be for sale anytime in the near future, LOL. I was disappointed with the sights that came on it. They're stamped "Williams", but not the quality you'd expect from such a long standing name.
    I put a scope on it, and it will do.

10. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    CVA Hunterbolt 45 cal,

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
  12. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I was working the range the other day and 1 guy had big problems with his center fire.
    What I have, I don't know anything about it.(inherited)
    So I guess I'll take it 1 day and find out.

13. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Traditions pursuit LT, break open, inline .209 primer, .50cal, open fiber optic sites, camo synthetic stock, nickel finish.

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I shoot a MLII as well. Best muzzleloader I have even laid my hands on. Requires less cleaning and deadly accurate and you don't loose your target through the fog of smoke. I got it matched up with a sightron scope. Since buying this gun 3 years ago, i actually quit rifle hunting. I like the one shot one kill aspect of it. Just like bowhunting. Good luck all.

15. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use to shoot this exact muzzleloader. I loved it. If I ever went back to regular black powder I would buy this one again. Very good gun here.

16. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    T/C ENCORE 50 CAL and i have a new england side kick i bought on sale for 150.00 and it hasnt ever been shot yet and ive had it for 2 years now

17. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    CVA Wolf, 50 cal.

18. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Love my encore 50 caliber.

19. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Old fashion I guess but I still shoot a front stuffer. Lyman Great Plains .50 cal.

20. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I've owned and shot a lot of muzzleloaders over the years. Anything made by Knight is OK in my book. I hunt with a 50 cal. Knight Disk Extreme these days. Since Wisconsin doesn't allow scopes with magnification during the muzzleloader season I have a 1X TC Hawken Hunter scope on mine.