What model reel is this?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by arizhunter, Oct 12, 2009.

1. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    I believe the pics are of a Mitchell bait caster reel. It's been stamped "Made In France". Can anyone tell me what model it is? Or anything else about it.The reel is one that I'm using and I would like to know

2. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hi Clyde,

From your photos It looks to be maybe something like a Mitchell 624. ??

3. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Thanks Larry good inform

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Not sure what it is but very nice looking. Haven't saw one like that before. Is it an older reel?

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I've got to get in the building an check some out I have. Seems like I have a reel just like that one but prob. not.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Can you post some close-ups of the sideplates and the bottom of the reels foot. if theirs a# on it?

7. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    That is a Garcia Mitchell 624,it was a reel produced in the 70's in a joint venture when Garcia and Mitchell were together. I have one with the full round knob handle,they are a peice of excellent craftmanship,and work great,I still use mine,their value is not that high as a collector around 30 bucks in mint condition,therefore it's worth more to me as a user,but it will join the collection someday. They hold alot of big line and will cast so smooth that you can't hear anything from the reel,just the line whispering through the guides,they are also very simple reels to take apart and put back together making cleaning them easy and simple.Also in case you want to know that reel pulls in 24 inches of line with one full turn of the handle at near full spool.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  8. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az