What Makes you laugh?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Esox Hunter, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    We all find SOMETHING funny. Be it a cartoon character, sitcom, comedian etc. With me, the list is ENDLESS!!

Now I know there's a JOKES section,but the above 3 exampes don't qualify for obvious reasons.

Here's just ONE example.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3NxikaY8TjQ

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Some times life it self makes me laugh.My wife laughs at me all the time.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    im with you, my wife makes me laugh too. other than that i'd have to say myself. in retrospect i do some pretty dumb #$^# sometimes. i also enjoy laughing and making fun of stupid people. some people might think this is not very nice. oh well, i figure since i are one now and then, why not?

i dont mean stupid as uneducated all though stupid doesnt know the difference. i mean the kind of ppl (like me) that wake up one morning and decide to test Newtons law of gravity by dropping something heavy off of a parking garage only to realize you hit your own car.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You and I must be reading from the same list... Life in general strikes my funny bone most times...:smile2:

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Oh heck... there is so much in the world that should make you laugh....

We laugh to keep ourselves from eternally weeping, brother.

I seek humor out in everything. Nothing is too sacred to giggle about and nothing is off limits with me...

The only caveat to it is that it must be true humor- Not stepping on someone else for the sake of mockery. That is not humor. You laugh cause you dont want to be that person. You do not laugh because the situation or irony of the situation is funny.

LOL- God has a sense of humor. Think of it in an ironic way: God was an engineer, yet his son was born to a carpenter: Where else but in the world of humor do engineers and carpenters get along that well? Thats a miracle right there!

Life itself is funny....

I had a professor one time in college with a horrible horrible stammer. She was trying to explain the use of the word "Fore" in golf.... The ball would have killed someone before she got through three words. I had to leave class when she tried the word "mulligan". I still crack up.

My mother in law has a strict Eastern Othadox Christian friend who is about ready to give birth to her 12th child. This morning she said she didnt know what to get the woman. I suggested pants.

THAT is funny stuff....

That is real humor.

6. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Jeff foxworthy and the blue collar tv guys.larry the cable guy and all the redneck jokes.

7. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Jeff:

Welcome to the B.O.C. bud. Yer talkin' my language right there!!

I was watching the sequel (Blue Collar Rides Again) only the other night & I just LOVE Ron White's sarcastic laid-back style.

8. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i hear you on that mike of course scientists are still trying to figure out if the sarcasm is from him or the whiskey or alcohol of some sort he drinks through the show, lol when he takes a drink the jokes get funnier lol sometimes lol
    they all have great styles of comedy :tounge_out:

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    First off I have to say my kids.They really tickle my funny bones. The second thing would have to be my BOC Family. All of ya have a sence of humor that I have really begun to appreciate. I have lost count of all the posts that I have read on here that made me laugh so hard I dang near cried!! If I want to laugh I can garentee that someone on here will say something and it at times makes go hysterical with laughter.:big_smile::wink::cool2:

10. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Give me enough to drink and I'll laugh at anything! :big_smile:

I like good comedies, like The Three Stooges, Three's Company, Benny Hill and so on.

I'll have to say my Daughter also, sometimes, she does or say's something and I just laugh my butt off. :smile2::big_smile::smile2:

Ken

11. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Yup:

Our "nearest & dearest" are pretty high up on the list for sure. I DREAD being out driving with my daughter in the car 'cos if she says something funny, I usually have to pull the car over for fear of causing a pile-up from laughing so hard.

The old B&W comedies STILL do it for me also.

Baitchunker........Science????? LMAO!!

Maybe this gravity experiment from one of our TV shows will help yer car in future.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HGuIFPxuwrU

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    now thats funny riete thar now i tell ya... what?

i think they found the "test subject" heavily sedated in an alley somewhere.