What Makes A Hardcore Fisherman???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Dec 12, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think the perception is one that fishes, and fishes during the elements! And one that fishes 12 months, would definetley be one that is considered. However, many think that to be hardcore, you need to simply be cattin. Let me tell ya, I cat as alot do throughout the winter. But the hardest issue I deal with during OLE MAN WINTER, is cleaning fish after dark, esp. after a good trip after gills or crappies! Temps drop after dark, outside cleaning often 60 plus fish. Fingers turn purple, and to the point of not gripping anything! To me thats hardcore! Also, sitting on a 5 gal. bucket on ice with 30mph winds all day.. Thats hardcore! I agree fishing on a boat anywhere in wind , rain, snow, is hardcore! However, many tuck in with a heater etc. LOL.:big_smile:. How do you decide whether you or others are hardcore or not? I think honestly it don't matter, but I would like to hear repsonses.. To me a Hardcore fisherman is simply one that likes to fish, and will fish anytime he can no matter the conditions, month, etc!:wink: rollo

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    That's pretty hardcore Rollo! Myself, I'm on vacation, but I did do about 200 trips in 2009. LOL

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    .. To me a Hardcore fisherman is simply one that likes to fish, and will fish anytime he can no matter the conditions, month, etc!:wink: rollo[/QUOTE]

I think you have it right there. The older I get the harder it is for me to stay out in the cold even if the bite is good. As for cleaning the fish, I'm lucky. My wife let me clean them in the kitchen sink.

I have never been ice fishing, around here you get on the ice you go swimming, but I would like to try it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Rollo would get hit over the head with a frying pan if he cleaned fish in the kitchen sink. :smile2:

5. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    DOES PAY LAKE'N COUNT ????:smile2::smile2::smile2: JK.

6. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    "What Makes A Hardcore Fisherman???"

That's any fisherman who takes a video player and a tape of Tiger Woods with him. :roll_eyes:

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I think a willingness to the brave the elements in order to pursue fish is one aspect. I also think just how often, much fishing and chasing big cats occupies one's mind determines how hardcore they are into fishing or catfishing. For example.....I cannot focus on my finals at school because of the BOC and fishing, and I cannot sleep at night before fishing trips sometimes because I think of slamming huge blues. Heck, I even have had dreams of trying to get a rod out of a holder that have woken me up. I think to be hardcore, you almost cross the line of it being a sickness.....and definitely it being an addiction.... but I wouldn't have it any other way :smile2::big_smile:

8. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'D AGREE,,,,I NEED THERAPY,,LOL

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Team Hardcore is... hardcore!

Bill in SC

10. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    bill your the reason they come up with the name [hardcore!] lol
    anybody thats wanting to turn a combine into a fishin rig has got to be way hardcore:big_smile:

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    And wouldn't that ol' combine look good with triple action MONSTERS all the way around it??!! :wink:

BB in SC

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rollo I think a hardcore fisherman is one that goes fishing right after his wife says you better stay home and play with moma.:wink::big_smile:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    THAT, was a good 'un, Mickey!! Reps out!

BB in SC

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree TOTALLY!! :smile2::smile2: rollo

15. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    He's not hard core He's a fool:smile2:

16. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thats hardcore but depends on what kind of cattin you doin lol:smile2:

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I actually class myself an educated dumb! :crazy::smile2: rollo

18. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    one who gives up hunting, to do more fishing. and it wasnt by choice as much as it was an ultamatum from my wife. simpily put, i was spending to much time and money in my outdoor adventures for my wife taste. so i gave up hunting so i could fish exclusively. bassin is my first love, been catchin bass 23 years. love catfishin, bustin bream, and sac-a- -lait. love to get out on the gulf every chance i get, and believe me brother its never enough. i like to bow fish for carp and gar, and have applied for gator tags. and if and when i get mine i'll be angling gator too. i will fish anywhere anytime any condition. i will also fish for anything that bites and more importantly fights. as it stands now i fish roughly 120 days of the year. some years more some less. now does that qualify as hardcore? im not sure, but im glad i gave up hunting, not sure i could have killed something that many days a year.

19. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Momma says she wants to play, the catfish get a pass from me:angry: I'm to old to do both in one day:crazy::smile2:

20. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i heard that, baby! ahhhyeee. go ahead dobber!