What landing net do you all recommend?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by crab, Jun 10, 2007.

1. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    What landing net do you all recomende for catfishing? Thanks in advance for the help!:cool2:

2. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Good point crab, I'll need to know that one myself if I get to one of the gatherings over there.

Info here BOC'ers please.

3. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use the "Catfish Net" from bass pro. page 418 master catalog.

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i went to bass pro shop and got the biggest they had. 32 inch across. your net cannot be to big but i lost the biggest cat i have ever seen because he would not fit in the net.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    The best catfish net i ever had to this day is called a matt net... you cannot buy them at ANY store...mine was custom made lol he's also my son:embarassed:

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to www.frabill.com and get one of the powercatch nets.Hands down they are the strongest and best nets made.They also cost $$$$ but are worth it.They also make the replacement nets so one should last a lifetime.:smile2:

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Mike, take the money you would have spent on a net and buy beer with it to bring to the gathering. You dont need no net to land a toothless fish like a catfish. I dont care how big they get. Wrestle em. Its part of catching.
    By the way. I'll settle for a well known Irish stout if its no trouble. 48 pints should get me through the weekend.

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I have a huge landing net with a telescopic handle. My brother got it for me at Dick's sporting goods and I think it was only $40 . I have had several fish in the 50 pound range in it and he hasn't failed me yet. I can't wait to see how it does on a 75 pounder. Vern

9. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I use a 36'' net that i have had for 15 years, I have replaced the net before but it still work. the handle extends out to about 5'.

10. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ok guys I bought a Ranger products Big Game Net #978 You can fit a big garbage can in this one lol. Got it for 30.00 at my local tackle store. I do alot of buisness there(bass fishing) I think I bought him his house over the years :big_smile:. Anybody herd of these nets it says lifetime warranty.

11. dataman

dataman New Member

State:
    texas
    Ranger #987 Big Game--I use one. Great net. It will handle anything I'm likely to catch.