what kinda bow u shoot

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ohiohawghunter45067, Aug 15, 2005.

1. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i currently shoot a darton maverick xt with cps cam system
    equipped with
    copper john deadnuts hunter 5 pin sights
    trophy taker shaky hunter drop away rest
    doinker 7" hunter mossyoak stabalizer
    bohing 5arrow quiver
    with carbon tech cheetah arrows and 100grain muzzy 3blade broadheads

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Mathews Feather-Max and an old Bear Kodiak Mag. recurve.

3. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    A Martin Lynx and a Fred Bear short axle.

4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster New Member

State:
    Chrisman Ill.
    A MAthews and a Bear Whitetail Master.Pluse a few home made flat bows.

5. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Hoyt Ultratec with XT2000 limbs, Trophy Ridge Dropzone arrow rest and Impact Archery Adjustable Scope.

The scope has a massive fiber optic coil in it which lights up like a spotlight - awesome!!

This is the first drop-away rest I've used and man do I love it. Any chance of arrow contact is completely eliminated. Arrows fly like darts.

/Scott

6. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    pearson spoiler, whisker biscuit rest, carbon arrows with muzzy 100gr heads.

7. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I'm stick thrower is mathews lx with a bodoodle arrow rest.

Keep them in the ten ring!

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    To heck with the 10 ring, center12 is where it's at :)

I used a Barner inertia rest in the early 90's(one of the first dropaways) and put a Muzzy Zero Effect on the bow when they first came out. If you can't get good arrow flight with a drop away and the new "mini" broadheads(SlickTricks are awesome) you got serious problems. The mini's group right with my fieldpoints and don't come with the baggage of expandables. May have to start a new thread on that subject.

9. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    if im not mistaken i have one of those laying around the house with a over draw on it let me check and see if i do give me ur name and adress u can have it lol i have i t just went and found it was made by a company called timeless archery lol it the st series u want it its yours

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks anyway Brian, but already have 3 laying around here. They got pulled off the bows when I blew a couple 300's(indoors) because they didn't drop :mad: . I'm not even sure they would work reliably on these solo-cam bows, just not a whole lot of recoil. Thanks anyway.

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I use an Oneida Aero Force with Fiber optic sight (2 pins) and a 4 arrow Quiver and a TM rest with 2312 XX78's with 100 grain Thunderheads. I do shoot with a release. I have two Ben Pearson recurves one at 45# and 52# I use for Bowfishing. Which have Retrievers on both along with fiberglass arrows using the safety slide system on them with a Muzzy fish points. I use no glove on the strings.

12. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Mathews MQ1. Light, fast, and no viberation. Got to love them boys at Mathews.

13. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    I have always wanted to shoot one ...

but because of my sickness and DJD in my back i am unable to pull a bow back .... i am trying to save up some money thou for a Crossbow ... which I should be able to get a permit from PA Game Commision because of my disability ... if anyone here has some pointers i should look for in a Crossbow i would be thankful ... talk to you soon

14. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Browning Ambush a cheapy but good shooter. Any bowyers here I would love to learn to make my own bow( long or recurve).

15. JDM2007

JDM2007 New Member

I shoot a Martin Jaguar 60#
    whisker biscuit
    Beeman venture arrows
    Archers choice sights
    cobra stabilizer

16. Hardware

Hardware New Member

State:
    Liberty Township Ohio
    I shoot a Hoyt Gamemaster, bare bones. No sights and use carbon arrows. My wife and 3 daughters all shoot bows also.

17. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have been shooting a Hoyt for years. Before that I always shot Bear Bows with Bear Razorheads. Charlie, after Fred Bear had died and his company changed and moved to Florida I tried hard to find a Kodiak Super Magnum. I think that is the best recurve ever made.I was unable to find one at that time because they no longer made them. That's when I switched over to a compound. I think the only recurves Bear makes nowdays are the takedowns. I may be wrong, but that's the last I heard. Do you still hunt with your's?

18. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've been shooting an old Jenning's single cam bow for about four years now. I was thinking of getting a new bow but instead opted to go finally to carbon arrows. I've been very surprised how much more speed I've gained. I was shooting in the backyard trying to reset my pins and kept over shooting my target. The wife wasn't too happy with the arrows the missed the target and hit the gararge. :rolleyes:

19. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Mathews outback with a Muzzy zero effects rest carbon arrows

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Calvin, Bear stepped back up to the traditional plate and started producing some really nice bows(for production bows). This will be the first year for this bow as I just traded for it. All the hunting I've done in the past 6 years was with a Palmer recurve but ended up getting rid of it as my shoulder just couldn't take it anymore. The bow I have now is only a 45 lber but I know a heavy arrow with a cut on contact broadhead will get the job done on a whitetail. I love stillhunting and stumpshooting with a recurve, something wonderful about the light weight and the magic of an instinctive shot!!