What kind of Turkey gun and load ya'll shoot?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by flatheaddundee, Nov 18, 2005.

1. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I shoot a beneille nova pump with a jelly head choke tube and 3 1/2 inch number 4's great combination for me. What bout my fellow turkey bloods?

2. gunny169

gunny169 New Member

State:
    Jacksonville, N
    I shoot a Rem 870 Express 3'' with Winchester double X with #5 shot with a Rem Xtra full choke

3. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    remington 870 express magnum, with remington duplex 4x6 2 3/4.

4. miner

miner New Member

State:
    Sulligent, Alabama
    Mossberg 835 3 1/2". As for the load Remington Premier Magnum 2 1/4 oz shot # 6.

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    when i actually take my gun for turkey i shoot a mossburg 835 with 3" winchester super X 5 shot im also shooting a HS undertaker choke.seems to be the best combo i have found for this gun.

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I've got a Benelli Super Black Eagle that I won in a turkey calling contest at Cabela's that I like to use. Kick's .655 choke with Winchester Extended Range #6's. I can put over 70 pellets in the head and neck at 40 yards. To say it's lethal is an understatement!!!!!!!!! God bless.

7. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    hate to get off subject here but have you ever had any problems with your banelli SBE not wanting to load the second round?,i had one i bought for duck hunting and it seemed when the weather got cold it had a real hard time loading the next shell and when it did load it it wouldnt fire all the time.this seemed to only happen with 3 1/2" shells.have you ever had a similar problem with yours?.i hav ebeen eyeballing one of the banelli M1 steady grips,that looks like the ultimate turkey gun.

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I use my Mossberg 9200 with a ribbed barrel with tru-glo sights along with the Undertaker™ screw in choke. I used 2 3/4" No#6 Turkey Mag. from Winchester. Works great for me!

9. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Have never had a problem with mine yet. Shoots all loads just fine without a hang up. Just a little cleaning after each hunt if the weather is fowl and it's ready to go. Otherwise I don't clean it much and it performs flawlessly. God bless.

10. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I shoot an old marlin 1955 bolt action Goose gun chambered for 3 inch mags with a 36 inch full chock barrel.

11. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Has anybody been turkey huntin with a 20 guage? What size load did you use and what size choke?

chris

12. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I shoot a Colt-Sauer in 300 WinMag with Leopole 4.5X14 50mm. 125 gr Nosler Ballistic tip running 3500fps :rolleyes:

13. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I would recommend getting a Kick's Gobbling Thunder Choke Tube and shooting Winchester Extended Range or some other non-toxic hard hitting turkey load. They pattern wonderful. If you want the ultimate in turkey loads for a 20 guage, you need to get the Nitro shells(and not the Remington ones either!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!). You can do an engine search and find them, but they aren't cheap. In a 12 guage they are absolutely lethal!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can put close to 300 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards!!!!!!!!!! God bless.

14. PRKRANGER2

PRKRANGER2 New Member

State:
    Chattanooga TN HBSP
    I shoot a Benelli with a Rhino .660 choke 4x5x7 shot.

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I use a 2 gauge Bar Code Gun but I do most of my hunting at Winn Dixie.Never have any problem getting through the check out line and My Butterballs are pre cleaned and the feathers removed.Talk about a powerfull load!!!!!!

16. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i use my 12 guage maverick pump with #4 hi brass turkey loads