WHAT KIND OF THINGS HAVE YOU FOUND ON THE BANK

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Sep 28, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Seem like some people take the weirdest crap to the lake/river...and leave it there..what have yall found?

2. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    :smile2:lol a blow up doll:smile2: I just figured they were using it for a personal floatation device if they fell in, or possible a pillow:smile2:

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    oh no....that reminds me of an item i had forgotten about...uhh one of my buddies found a duct taped "male enhancement pump".....:crazy: what kind of fishin was he doing?!?!?

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    1. Nice big fish net
    2. over the years, 4 pole holders, I still use them
    3. Nice Leatherman tool. (No case)
    4. Big Fish head

5. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK

well at least one of his rods was gettin a workout :smile2:

6. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Tons of lures, miles of mono, rusted hooks, sinkers, assorted trash and most recently, Eich's pliers.

7. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Dead deer from archery season, Tons of trash, canoe paddles, miles of monofilament line, old dressers, unmounted tires, and people who find my pliers. :wink:

Ray

8. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I have found just about everything everyone else mentioned, but at a very low full moon tide, I found a minnow trap FULL of CrawDads. That was my favorite find.

9. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nothin to out of the ordinary for me except lots of lures & tackle.

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    found tons of dead animals.. in a small small small spring fed creek we sued to fish there was one hole about 80 yards long 40 feet across and 15 feet deep crystal clear most of the time..we had a good flood and when it all cleared back up there was a lates 30s model vehicle of some sort sittin in the middle of this pool with bass swimmin n and out of it. saw a big blue around it one day too but couldnt get them to bite in that clear water

11. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Softballs, Footballs, Basketballs, Volleyballs, Those little balls from MacDonalds playlands, Styro bait buckets, An insulated bait bucket with the battery aerator (still use that) and once I found a lunch box with someones lunch in it still on ice just floating down the river. and No I wasn't hungry that day. refrigerators, freezers, and a lot of garbage.
    Maybe the guy that lost the blowup doll lost that battery pump thing too.:smile2:

12. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

NAH i got a foot pump :wink:

i woulda ate the lunch

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Like most here I have found the normal items mentioned. Nets, Rods/Reels, tackle, and etc. Found several Hoop Nets, while cranking lures. Nothing of large value.

14. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    found the usual stuff the best was a 3 inch folding /locking gerber knife checked it out worth about 20 bucks

15. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I haven't found anything of great value, lures and bobbers and such, but I keep losing my red handled needle-nosed pliers. I really need to tape the handles up bright yellow or something, because being color-blind, I set them down on the ground after removing the hook from a fish and they may as well be camouflage, I can't see them. To everyone else they stick out like a sore thumb, but if I don't put them right straight back in my backpack after use, they are missing. My friends always wonder why those things are packed back up in the bag whenever they fish with me, they just leave them laying out. I'll scan the area before I leave to make sure I am not leaving anything behind and miss them.

16. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    lol:smile2: wonder if he caught any fish:smile2:

17. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Typical trash. nothing of any high value. for some reason I seem to find a lot of tennis balls and golf balls along the banks and I'm not exactly in a city area. mostly corn/soy bean fields around the river

18. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Back in he day when it was legal ,i had a honda 50 motorcycle an i would ride the beach at Topsail Island N.C..I have found rods an reels all kinds of tackle ,clothes ,rings, glasses, money , billfolds ,glass net floats ,all kinds of stuff ,cars where tide had come in on them .Plus i have disturbed a few making woopie on the beach

19. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Found a pair of boxer-briefs with crap stains, a diaper, lures, bobbers, beer bottles & cans, empty worm containers, and half of a rod.

Seriously though, don't be a turd; keep our fishing places clean. (I hope I don't need to tell ya'll this)

20. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Not much I have not found. Most all of the above 'cept the pump and doll.

Some of the more unusual,,, a go kart, beer, booze, and controlled substances, and about a mile of power and telephone line complete with poles.