What kind of tackle box do you use

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CatfishHateMe, Dec 21, 2006.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    just curious, wanted to see what everyone uses to carry there tackle in when bank fishing?i used to use a hard tackle box but had to many troubles with it, ive seen alot of people use an old gym style bag with the smaller boxes. to big for me i pack light so i can move around and walk down creeks and not get tired. i use a tackle bag with 3 3704 plano boxes in it with room for 1 more but i keep line, an extra reel, knife, pliers and what not in there.

2. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I also use a tackel bag with 3 plano boxes in it. Also I have a rod sling to carrey my rods when I take more than 1 rod with me.

3. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is how I do it. I have several different set ups for different applications.

Here are some photos of my hardware set ups. I have different ones for fly fishing.

The first picture is my boat box. I use it in my boat, or someone else's boat if they have enough room or on the bank if I don't have to walk very far from my vehicle. It covers all species of fish in this area.

The second picture is my "Keep it Simple" stuff. I use it on my float tube, my kick boat, another person's boat that does not have much room (like a canoe), or on the bank where I have to walk aways from my vehicle. It covers mostly catfish, carp or other baitfish.

The third picture is my vest. It's for longer hikes around remote reservoirs or with my dogs on rivers or streams. It covers panfish, trout, small catfish, bass and baitfish.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    For bank fishing I just use a 5-gal. Bucket. It will hold everything I will use that trip. If I get tired of standing I can turn it over and set on it. I carry a trash bag in case I need to move some tackle around and need to use the bucket to carry fish home. Keep it simple.:big_smile:

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey guys that tackle box ofer that you see on the ugly stick rods are nice you the boxes don`t come with it but the tackle box is worth having to pay the $7 shiping thats what I`m useing:big_smile:

6. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Well I usually carry around my 15 pound hard tackle box. I have enough tackle to catch anything from bream on a fly rod to monster gar with steel leaders! Got it on a trade-off with a friend, a 30$ rod for a 30$ Plano tacklebox, when I'm bank fishing I'll usually just sit on it and double it as a seat/rod prop, as its quite sturdy. I may put some kind of strap so its not such a pain to lug around, but it gets the job done.

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i use a book bag it works great i have mini boxes i put lines and hooks in.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have two that I use mainly. The first is a 5 gallon bucket with a lid also serves as a seat when needed. the second is a soft sided bag with 4 small plastic boxes. I do have a couple of hard boxes one for surf and pier fishing and one for bass fishing. Let me add my fly "boxes" in there as well I have 5 of those stuffed with all sots of flies.

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Jay..son: I have to ageee with Howard with choices...box for the boat, but when riding my bycycle, I have all in a back pack and poles on the front tire....
    Cat bag is the simplist..... way of doing it... with stuff in the plano trays.....fish and ice chest in one hand, poles and pole holder in the other hand, and fold up chair on the back too.

bayrunner ray

10. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Tackle bag here !!!!:cool2:

11. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Since I only target one species of fish (catfish) and bait, I use a cheap Wal-Mart bag with two trays. I only carry one with me. I have others misc. items in there also. Very Light for when you want to move.

12. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I use a Lowe 2070 VTC.....LOL A lot of My gear is stored in My boat. But on the rare aoccasion I do fish from the bank I use an Jansport Backpack to tote My stuff around.

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I use a tackle bag it has 5 boxs in it. I like the shoulder strap, it lets me have one hand free.
    Bill

14. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    My main bag is a Bass Pro Shops XPS 370
    It's used when I'm going to be fishing for a while.
    First tackle box that I've found that can handle most of my gear.

XPS ™ 370 Tackle Bag
    • Heavy-duty water-repellent material
    • Large easy-to-grip zippers with rubber bumpers
    • Soft carry handle and padded shoulder strap
    • 2 outside padded zippered end pockets with expandable outer pockets and custom plier and cell phone holders
    • Front-loading padded main compartment contains an adjustable divider system for easy access to utility boxes
    • Fully padded main body and side pockets for maximum protection of equipment. Imported.
    XPS™ 370 also features:
    • 1 large zippered top compartment holds 2 spinnerbait boxes or three 370 boxes
    • Each side pocket holds two 360 boxes
    • Includes four 370 boxes
    • 23-1/2"x16-1/2"x13-1/2"

Second bag is a Fieldline Range bag. It's for the short little trips where I dont' need most of my kit.

Will

Attached Files:

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well since I bank it all the time and have to carry my 3 poles, my Oldest sons poles (2) and my youngest sons poles (usualy just 1). I still carry this huge Plano with just about all of my gear "just in case" I get the biggun:big_smile: . Unfortunatly that "just in case" hasnt happened yet :sad2:. And Im carrying 2 - 3 chairs that are in thier case. I try to make it in one trip as I want to get started fishing. Some times I can get my oldest son to carry his poles or the chairs.

16. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have a plano tray tackle box, that I have my catfishing and bream stuff in. and a plano small specialty boxes for my bass lures and tackle.

17. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I use a back pack I got from Wal Mart. it is filled with Plano plastic box & everything else I need for catfishing. I use a big fanny pack belt for my crappie & blue gill fishing in it I use smaller Plano boxes. I have a BPS 370 for all my bass fishing tackle. A five gallon buckets for all my limb lines.

18. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i use big backpack filled with the plano boxes

19. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    5 Gal bucket with seat/lid here...knife, pliers, stringer, rod holder, terminal tackle, shad, and cigars.

20. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I needed something narrow, but would hold up to three Plano boxes. Had an old cheap (free is cheap, right?) two tray tackle box. Ripped out the trays, and use that. Works great on the floor of my kayak resting between my legs.