What kind of sinkers do you use?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by slimdaddy, Nov 6, 2008.

1. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    what kind of sinker does everyone use bank,no roll,egg ,flat, and what sizes do you perfer thinking about getting some molds and make some

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Depends on how and where I am fishing.

If in swift water like below a dam I use 5 oz sometimes bigger. Sometimes in the mississippi I have heard of guys using up to 16 oz.

If fishing on the bottom I use no rolls or flat bank depending on the rigging that I am using.

When fishing under a bobber I use egg or some type of slip sinker with a Carolina type set up.

If fishing in still water or little current I use lighter weights. If the water is really deep I will use heavier weights tho to get it down quickly without much movement after the cast.

3. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    The teardrop shaped No-Roll sinkers are my favorites.I use a slip barrel swivel rig (hook at the end and sinker above the swivel) and they seem to get hung up less. I usually use 2 oz for lakes and 3-6 oz for rivers depending on current. I probably hooked the best percentage with a couple of large split shot clamped about 8 inches above the hook but i'd never use those if i'm hunting larger channels or Flats.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i use no roll - bank sinkers - egg it just depends on whear im at as to which one i use

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use egg,no roll , bank , and pyramid from 1 oz to 10 oz depending where I'm at

6. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i used to be no roll all the way, then i was introduced to sinker sliders, then i was modified no roll all the way, now i kinda like the bank sinkers

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i use the egg and bank and when i was a kid i use to make sinkers with a spoon you can make any size you want with the same spoon :smile2:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mostly no-roll 5-8 ounces.

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I use bank and no rolls mostly 2 to 4 oz.

10. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Fishing mainly in reservoirs I'm using 2oz eggs - Carolina rigged.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I use Egg, No roll and Pyramids all hooked with a sinker slide carolina style. Even tho I usually fish lakes I use any of them, of course I dont catch much but that probably more not being in the right spot than anything.

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I now have 4 molds and i think im set on molds. i have a 1,2,3,4,5oz egg a 3,4,5 and 6,8 no roll and a 8,10,12,14 flat bank. out of those the least likely to get used 3,4,5egg and 8,10,12 flat bank.

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Mostly I use bank sinkers from the boat, and no-rolls from the bank, in sizes from 3-12oz, with 8oz being the most common. This is for river fishing, in a lake or calm water there is seldom a need for more than 3oz. When bank fishing the flat surface of the no-roll seems to act like a wing when reeling in, and with sufficient speed it will stay up above the snags. From the boat this is less of an issue so I prefer a bank sinker, which seems to sink faster and stick in the mud or sand just a little better.

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I make my own sinkers and give my friends several as well. Eggs from 1/8 to 3 oz No rolls 3 to 8 oz spoon or no snag 1 to 4 oz... That pretty well covers all the fishing situations I have found so fare.

15. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i use no roll 6-8 oz. this year i bought some flat bank dies 6,8,10,12... i havenot used the 6 or 12 oz yet but have used the 10 alot.. the reason i bought the flat bank was to do some 3 way rigging.. i try to stay away from egg sinkers for the simple fact of it rolling around in the current of the missouri river and getting snaged up.. i also have a 3,4,5 no roll die as well.. for me it just depends on where i'm fishing to decide what size i use:cool2:

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I mostly use No Rolls and Bank sinkers. From 2 ozs up to 8 ozs. I use the no rolls on a slip sinker rig and the banks for a 3 way rig. I also like the flat bank sinkers.

17. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use flat bank sinkers 5 & 6oz.

18. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I use lead sinkers only. But as for shape,I use no roll,egg,bank, and swivels occasionally.

19. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ever use a sinker slider with your banks......nice i also like being able to take the weights off while packing the rods back and fourth :wink: might make a few different sizes just for that reason. but i love my no rolls:confused2: