What kind of pets do you have?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have dogs who double as horses.....these are my 2 mastiff pups, Iokie and Max they are 7 months old, Max hits the scale at about 105 and Iokie at 90....full grown Max will weigh in at around 250 and Iokie should hit the scales at about 200.

My youngest granddaught says, "I dont like them", because they are bigger than her...

I love the mastiff breed, they are good with kids, and consider the kids "Theirs", they follow the girls everywhere they go while they are in the yard.

Attached Files:

• 036.jpg
      036.jpg
      File size:
      37.5 KB
      Views:
    • 038.jpg
      038.jpg
      File size:
      38.4 KB
      Views:
    • 039.jpg
      039.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
  2. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I have two dogs as well a lab mix that was a stray and a jack rat , a jack russell/rat terrier mix.The jack rat came limping home one day he had a broken front leg.I took him to the local vet where they immediately set it.Two days later the dog would not do anything except lay around.I took him back to the vet and they told me not to worry everything was going well.The next day I could tell that he was slowly dying.I took him back up there and luckily the other doctor was in.He told me that his only chance was to cut his front leg off at the shoulder.And that was only if he was strong enough for surgery the next day.I actualy considered putting him to sleep as suggested by the vet.That night I started looking on the web and found a site called cassies three legged dog club.The fourth day he was doing better so I decided to have them take his leg so he would have a chance.Well glad I did that was three years ago and he is just fine.He is handicapped but he doesn't know it.The only time he has any trouble is when he trying to balance on two legs to water the flowers.:wink:After reading on the internet I found out when a dog or any animal breaks a leg you should put it in a splint for 24 hours.This will insure that the leg is not going to swell up any more.Unfortunatly the local vet didn't do this and put the cast on too tigh cutting off the circulation.
    He has got to be the most arrogant dog I have ever known.One day he goes into my neigbors yard with their pit bull.I just know he is about to get his butt whipped.He slowly walks over to the pit bulls water bowl and starts to fill it up if you know what I mean.:crazy:I have seen this dog bite a snake that was striking at him he beats all I have ever seen.Here is a pic of trigger the jack rat and one of rowdy the lab mix.Thank you for the post.

Attached Files:

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We have a jack rusell terrier which is extremely protective.

4. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Here are some pictures of our pets. Who bring my whole family a lot of joy.The ferret gets into every thing :big_smile:

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Animals are pretty amazing with it comes to injuries. Trigger probably dont even miss his leg. We have a 3 legged cat, my wife and niece found it on the road where it had been run over (there went a $250 vet bill). It was 5-6 weeks old, they had to remove its back leg, today it climbs trees up on the house just like a normal cat, the only thing is if you aint a kid, then it wants nothing to do with you, we have had the cat over a year now and the closest I can come to it is 10 feet then it is gone. The kids pick it up and play with her, but grown up dont get close.

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We had 2 laso's, Boomer and Sasha, Sasha was the smartest dog I have ever owned, I worked with her since she was about 3 months old, and she could do about 15 tricks. I would act like I shot her with my finger and she would flop over on her side, I would call her Kitty Kitty, and she would crawl over to me on her belly. When my daughter was about 3, her and Sasha would spend hours doing her tricks, my daughter loved it. Just as long as you had a treat she was willing to do tricks.

I use to have 2 ferrets, they are a blast, I had a female bullmastiff at the time, and the ferrets sleeping place was on the back of the dog, they were buddies. They tormented our cat, the cat was scared to death of the ferrets....:smile2:

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    have a husky for the last 8 years , great dog just wish he wasnt so friendly , not a great watchdog lol

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Just got an English Springer Spaniel puppy a couple months ago.

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've always been partial to the larger breeds and my last 4 personal dogs have been rotties. Lady, my first, contracted parvo and had to have her right hind leg amputated at three mos., but it didn't seem to bother her as she led a full and good life. Kris, my last one, hit the scales at 150 and was really a Gentle Ben but his size intimidated people:smile2::smile2: Now my wife is on a mission to save the homeless and abandoned pups of the world:big_smile::big_smile: We have two part labs and one part rottie. I call them Soonas, just as soon be one thing or another:smile2::smile2: but they have all managed to become a part of our little family (they get more attention than I do) but we wouldn't part with any of them. Stay safe and adopt a pet!!!:wink:

Was going to add pics, but I don't have that mastered yet:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Gotta get some pics taken. Have a Chihuahua minature teacup an a wiener dog heh.

11. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Interesting thread. Lots of fun pics to look at.

I have two german shepherds, two cats, a ball python, a bird and I don't know if they count, but tons and tons of rabbits. Think I have like 25 rabbits right now.

Here's the dogs. The black and tan is my female and the white is my fiance's male. Both are yearlings and very smart dogs though I will admit the fiance's white shepherd can be pretty dumb sometimes but definitely more laid back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  12. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here's the cats. This picture always makes me laugh, the older one that looks grumpy on the bottom is always at the mercy of the other guy-even in rest!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  13. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    This is mine and the better half's two kids. lol The little one rules the house and everything in it.

Attached Files:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great thread. Enjoying the pics. I have a close protective family member a Chihuahua. She has been with us for 13 years and is over weight like her master. She rules the roost. Her hearing is incredible. I think she can hear a fly flying across the yard. She is voiced controlled and never knew a lease. I don't know how long she will live from her present age, but loosing her will be like loosing a family member. Sorry I can't do the picture thing.

15. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I have 4 dogs at the house. 2 of them are mine. One is a Springer Spaniel, his name is Rock. The other is a Shih tzu, named Jackson. Both of them are my buddies. The Shih tzu goes almost everywhere with me. The Springer gets cars sick so he avoids riding if he can. Now when Rock is in the boat he is watching everything. But little Jackson, well he just gets in a little sack time.

Attached Files:

16. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    Nick is a 12 year old Collie/Sheppard Mix and Benny is a 10 year old Walker Coon Hound. Nick is the smart one and Benny is the one that has to get by on looks.:eek:oooh: I've got him hypnotized with a piece of chocolate in the second pic.

17. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea

I have that same look when my wife fries chicken. :dribble:

18. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i have 2 dogs a pekinese [rascal] and peeka poo[ peaches] rascal is peaches daddy got rid of the poodle man that dog was dumber than dirt

19. festus

festus New Member

Got two dogs, one outside, a female blue healer, and an inside dog, female miniature Chihuahua. Both of these have been spayed. Also got an indoor cat, I call her a toned down calico. Also got an outdoor black tom cat. We live practically in the woods away from neighbors and can let our animals run free as they please.

20. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    We have 2 dogs. An outside boxer named Butch and an inside boston terrier
    named Zoie. We have some cats but they are mostly wild, they live in the
    barn, we put out food for them ,but they have never been touched by human
    hands.