Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of line do you use for Jug fishing?

I been using masons twine tied to the jug, then a swivel and finally a piece of 20# mono tied to a circle hook. I had some trouble with breakage of the mono this weekend, and was curious what everybody uses. I'd love to tie the masons twine directly to the hook, but the eye on my hooks (1/0 circle) is way too small for that. I was thinking about trying some dacron line in 50# test or bigger. What do you think?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My limb lines are 50# PowerPro braid with a 4/0 circle on one end and a clip on the other. I wrap a limb 3 times and clip around the line, the wrap takes the tension without stressing the clip. I set lines on a lake flat so no current to require weight. Buying hooks in quantity and line on sale, my cost is about 30 cents per line. I lose a lot due to straightened hooks, broken lines or broken off branches. Heavy gloves are needed for such thin line when a big one is hooked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.