What Kind of Hook?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by RebelMan, Jul 11, 2007.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

What kind of brand,type, and size you guys use for your cats? I will not buy another brand then the owner ssw circle hook. They are very sharp and the size is perfect for the cats. I use 6/0,8/0, and 10/0. Just wondering what you guys use so I can try something different down the road. thanks-Rebelman

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Adam when i'am fishing in the canals around here all i use is eagle claw kahale hooks # 2 for channels up to 20 pounds.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    8/0 Gamakatsu Octopus circles 99% of the time. If I'm running big live bait I'll use 10/0 Gama Octopus J hooks on occasion. For smaller channels I use a 5/0 Mustad ultra point circle.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i know that the gammas are the sharpest ive used thats not what i use all the time but its the sharpest yet. size 7/0 generally

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I also like the Gamakatsu Octopus Circles with "in-line" points only...I use 3/0 to 8/0 mostly....I also like the Eagle Claw L7228 Octopus Circle in the same sizes....Dwight

6. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Gama octopus circles and khales on rod and reel.....Mustad 34009SS and eagle claw 354SS on my trotlines.

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I was a Gamakatsu circle fan to the bone but on occaision I would catch a fish that the hook had not penetrated. I caught the fish because I never gave them any slack but the hook fell out in the net. I tried some Owner hooks. They have a longer sharper cutting point so they penetrate much better. With the Owners I have yet to catch a fish that was not really hard to remove the hook. I will give the Owners some more time but as of now I like them better than the Gamas.

Cheez