What kind of fishing scale does everyone use?

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by davesoutfishing, Mar 10, 2006.

1. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    What kinda scales do you all use......And did ya get them

2. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    I use the 50lb digital Berkley. Waterproof, auto shut-off, permenent battery. Had it for about 8 or 9 years now with no problems. It also calibrates itself everytime you turn it on so you get a measurment to the 1/10th of a pound. No cheatin with this scale. :)

3. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Ive got this scale as well and its great. Mine is newer so it will hold a tared weight in memory (ie a bag, etc) each use. Better though is it will hold 10 fish weights in memory and give you average weight of them.

4. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you are fishing a small river (for flatheads) a 50lb. digital is good. If a big river a larger spring scale is better.

5. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i just got a 120 pound digital scale off of ebay. it weighs in pounds, kilos and ounces. it also has a temp guage and a 40 inch tape. it is a very nice scale but it does not have a brand name on it anywhere. i had to get it from some guy in australia.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Sadly, I've never had to weigh a 50# fish (yet), but when I tested my berkley scale with a 50# weight, the hook straightened out. I then went into the shop and came out with my big game spring scale (300#). It reads in 5# increments, so you have to look pretty close to figure on 1#, etc. but I promise the hook won't straighten on it. Don't know if I'll ever max it out, but it'll do until I get something better. ;)

7. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I'm pretty sure I considered buying that same scale.

8. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I just got a berkly sping scale that is also a grabber with a 24" handle, but I havn't got to try it out yet.

9. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I just bought a 100# spring scale from BPS. Have'nt used it yet. Payed $20.00 for it. My digital does'nt seem to work too well if it gets wet!:cursing:

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use that Rapala wideloc and I think that it goes to 75 lbs. I love it, its all stainless and has a spring type scale. And the jaws are kinda like a bogagrip type thing and good for handling fish and for pictures. Hope this helps. Good luck in your search!

11. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    i really like mine. i have a berkley 50lb digital scale. you can pick one up at walmart for around $20, i think its more like $17 but i could be mistaken. It's worked just great for me though.

12. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I bought a 100# spring scale from cabelas. It also has this little piece that slides under the indicater so you dont have to struggle to look at it while holding the fish up you just hold it up let the fish sit then put it down look at the scale and the little piece of plastic sticks at the last known wieght. Works great and measures in 1# increments.

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Rapala ProGuide 50 lb.Digital.I just need a Cat to overload it.peewee-williams

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I have the same scale as above. "Good Scale" :)
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

15. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I also use the berkley digi scale. Its been all I need so far.

16. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I use an old old old Zebco De-Liar. Its probably way off but who cares.:big_smile:

17. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
  18. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    50 lb, Rapala, given to me by brother Rat.

19. dataman

dataman New Member

State:
    texas
    Berkley Digital Lip Grip--30#. For bigger fish-Bass Pro spring Scale--100#