What Kind Of Fishing Line Is The Best

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by CATDADDY78, Jun 5, 2006.

1. CATDADDY78

CATDADDY78 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What Knid Of Line Shoul I Use On My Catfish Reel?

2. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    You will get a ton of replies on this one. Alot of what you should use will be determined by what kinda gear you are using and what type of fishing you are gonna do. That being said I like to use Power-Pro braid 65lb test. I like the braid because it retains no memory,it has no stretch,and alot of strength for its diameter.

3. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use power pro#65 also, but with a #80 cajun mono leader

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    The best mono I have used has to be Suffix I have it on most of my reels the only other line I will use is Ande

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Depending on what kind of outfit you have, I use 30 pound test Big Game clear, 20 pound test lo-vis Big Game, and 20 pound test Cajun Red Cast. All of them work great for catfish. I like the 30 pound test better for bigger flatheads and such, while the 20 pound test is good for smaller flatheads and channel cats. Hope this helps :big_smile:

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    It seems I been through every line twice! My favorite is P-line flouracarbon, 17 pound!

7. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    your best bet will to be just read through the pages of the forum and read all that you can, myself its spiderwire braid, powerpro, and trilene big game. i've been experimenting with others and that is where i'm at right now.

8. dixiedrifter

dixiedrifter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If your new to baitcasters get some of the cheap cajun redline in 20lb test. Your gonna birds nest that sucker several times till you get the feel of it. Then put on your braided if that is what you want. Otherwise your gonna spend some $$ because those braided bird nests don't come out.i

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah dont put your brand new power pro on a bait caster if you arent used to it, it will eat up alot of $$$$ but i use 50lb power pro, and 50lb spider wire catfish fusion, the power pro is better IMO

this is all that i will buy from now on for my catfish reels,.... POWER PRO

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    tell it like it is brother:lol: :lol: :lol: So very true:lol: :lol: :lol:

11. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I use Berkley 30# big game on some rods with no problems and Spider Wire 50# on every thing else with 30# big game 18 inches of leader. This is a very durable Striper or cat line setup.