What kind of deal...UPDATE

Discussion in 'Boating' started by KansasKatter, Oct 2, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    We took the road trip to pick up the boat this past weekend, and it was everything the seller said it would be. The trailer LOOKS a little rough, but we pulled it 420 miles home, at an average of 75MPH, and it pulled like a dream, straight and true, no sway whatsoever, or vibration. It is also a tilt trailer, which came in very handy last night at the river. The boat itself is an '86 Lowe 16' Big Jon. BIG and WIDE, and stable as can be. The boat has absolutely 0 leaks, especially when you remember to put the plug in!

We took it out to a small lake by the house yesterday to try it out, that motor SCREAMS!! I pushes that boat across the water like a screaming banshee, with me, my brother, and the two boys in the boat with us. We ran it for a couple hours at the lake, never even a stumble from the motor. We took it to the river last night, once in the water, and away from the shallow water around the gravel bar, we screamed down the river about 5 miles in a matter of minutes. We all fished out of the boat with no worries of tipping, my brother and I can both stand on one side in the front corner, and not even push the side of the boat down more than an inch. When we got back to the trailer, the tilt feature was awesome, as the water is not deep enough to float the boat on the trailer, simply tilted the trailer, winched the boat up on the trailer, and headed home. There was about 1/4 cup of water in the boat, and it all came from my brothers shoes/jeans when he stepped in the water shoving us off.

All in all, I am VERY satisfied with the boat. Have big plans for it this winter, including floor, and rework the trailer. Hoping for a fishfinder for Christmas, come spring the cats better look out in Kansas, let me tell you! :big_smile:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sounds great , im glad your happy . now you got no excuse for not getting out there. good luck with many boating trips

3. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Glad you got a good rig and are happy. Now the best way to keep it in good shape is use often. Good luck.

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds like a very nice boat.good luck and be safe on the water.

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    That sounds great Jeff, glad it work out for you. That tilt sounds like the deal and with Dutch bag along you never have to get wet:lol:

We'll have to "run'em" this spring, think you should drive though for safeties sake:cool2:

6. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Charlie, I agree! We can run them if you like, but only for Pinks! Motors only, I will at least leave you with your boat! HA!:lol:

Seriously, I bet it will give you a run for your money! That thing will fly! Not to mention my boat only weighs about 1/2 as much as yours, even with ME in it! :roll_eyes:

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    That's great news Jeff. I thought all along it sounded like a for real deal. I hope it ain't long till it's knee deep in slime.:cool2:

st

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Congrats Jeff!!!

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Running for pinks.........are you kidding me, I've got more in my motor than...........wait, the pink to your camper:smile2: . Now that's a race worth running:big_smile: . How about loser serves the winner a cool one back at camp.

My Dad did well at Woodson this weekend, took a 14 lb. channel and everyone took a limit(2 each). They caught them in 40' of water on turkey liver.............ain't that a hoot!!

The new camper bets the heck out of tent camping, got to test out both the AC and the furnace over the weekend:roll_eyes:

10. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Congrats on the boat buddy.....Please tell me you didnt put that boat in the Arkansas river downtown lol

11. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

LOL not yet! But give me time! We put it in the Walnut, worked pretty good, a little big for that river, but got the job done. I need to get a depth finder real bad though........:roll_eyes:

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Dude, that is kind of the point of running for pinks.....for me anyway!:tounge_out:

So have you solved the problem of getting the boat or camper or both to the lake yet? I am actually looking into putting a hitch on the ol' lady's car, and letting her pull the boat! Sure wish we would have kept her Yukon now, instead of trading for the Grand Prix......:crazy:

Glad to hear you like the camper, I don't know if I could ever go back to a tent again, and I know for a fact my wife won't!:confused2:

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Like you, we're going to put a hitch on the wifes car. She has a Nissan Pathfinder, not a lot of engine but will get the boat to the lake. That will work for close stuff and times she goes............I'll have to make choices on long hauls she ain't going to, like Toronto. Figure I'll just make a deal with others there...........I bring the boat, they supply the sleeps(or other way around).

14. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Way to go Jeff.......Don't you just love it when a good deal comes together.
    Congratulation on the find......Good luck.

15. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I'll race you for pinks.......of course only in 4" of water with soft mud bottom. Stumps and matted weeds are optional........LOL

Mud Motors rule in swamps...........15 MPH but I go ANYWHERE.

:tounge_out:

Congrats on your deal

16. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    :lol: That's good. I believe you beat me under those conditions too. :lol:

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Congrats! Hopefully you didn't forget to take what you said here, condensed it into 20 words or so and left the good seller a very positive feedback on ebay. That is what tells the tale for me. Congrats again.

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Glad everything was what the old owner said it was. Have fun with it!
    Bill

19. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

You bet I did. It was a pleasure doing business with this guy, real stand up guy. Was a true relief, as I have heard some nightmare stories about some Ebay experiences.:confused2:

My exact feedback was cut and pasted below.

Boat was everything you said it was, ran perfect and is exactly what we needed! Great Seller!