What kind of danger

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by jm_magic, Aug 29, 2007.

1. jm_magic

jm_magic New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am new to this thread and am really enjoying it.

I thought I would post a questions to get to know the members

The questions is..........

What kind of personal danger/bodily harm would put yourself under to make sure you land that PB, or trophy cat?

I know myself, In my case it would probably be like the case of most heroes. My adrenaline would be pumping so hard that the situation around me would make me forget that I could get seriously harmed. I probably would not stop at anything.....:roll_eyes:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Well I did have a 24lb Blue try to take my thumb off when lipped him. I quickly reminded myself that's why I keep gloves with me.

Is that what you've got in mind? What kind of dangerous water are you fishing? I hear they've got Bull Sharks in St. Louis!:big_smile:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    danger like sliding down an exteramly steep bank to a bush that you dont know if it will stop you to grab that 20-30#er. oh yea and the rivers up a couple feet.:wink: im shure it was the fishs fault not the beer:smile2:

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I almost cut off my index finger trying to pull a 30# in the boat by my line (braid). A year later I did the same thing trying to boat a 43#. But I was smarter this year, I cussed even before it cut me because I knew it was coming. See, I DO learn.....:smile2:

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    How about standing on the front deck of a 16' flatbottom throwing the cast net for shad with 4 and 5 foot swells from the 40+ mph wind blowing across the lake? Been there done that, all while alone, and oh yeah, the water temp was about 50 degrees!

And no, I was not wearing a life jacket........don't be to hard on me!:embarassed:

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    id bet with 50deg water you wouldnt need a lifejacket. the shock from the cold would have you jumping back in the boat like an asian carp:smile2:

7. jm_magic

jm_magic New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah it is a good thing most people don't like to use frozen cut bait, or you might have been next.....:smile2: