what kind of camera do you PA'ers use

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by bw69r, Jul 15, 2009.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    just wondering what kind of camera you folks have, like, for taking your pics at night for cats.

2. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I have a Sony A100 and a FujiFilm Finepix S700 The sony would be awesome but anyone would take a camera like that to the river is crazy But the Fuji Finepix is an outstanding camera and it was only like $350 so thats not that bad

3. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Haven't took any cat pics yet but I have an Olympus 7.1 Megapixel. I have it several years now. Takes great pictures and holds a ton of them with the memory card. The only thing I don't like is that for some reason it eats up batteries when not in use? Can't figure that one out so I remove the batteries while it just sits around at home.

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I got a Fuji finePix A205 @ wal-mart years ago on clearance for 100.00

5. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i use a kodak easyshare C813

6. Canon Power Shot A520.

Got it for 20 bucks off Craigslist and some hot chick delivered it to my work.:wink:

It is used, but works fine and is great to drag around on the boat, and as some of you have seen, takes fine pics.

Very happy with it.:roll_eyes:

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i use a kodak easy share, works real nice at nite, i think i'm gonna get a camera like my wife has, she has a olympus stylis its nice and small and is waterproof and shock proof, you can even take pics under water with it, i think that would be perfect for the river just in case it gets wet or dropped :wink:

8. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I use a Olympus 1030W (10.1 MP). It's shock and waterproof - perfect camera for the boat.

I paid just over $300 bucks for it - I highly recommend.

9. JUG_LINE

JUG_LINE New Member

State:
    NE Oklahoma
    Sony cybershot 5mp or greater would make you a good point and shoot camera for fishing trips or any other event that you are in close proximity too. I have a 12mp and its a nice point and shoot camera and is easy to use and no software needed to download pics to PC just a usb cable. The Sony camera is also fairly easy on batteries. I recommend using rechargeable AA batteries, regardless of manufactures recommendation. I am on my 3rd Sony in 9 years one I lost in good condition somewhere on my trip to bass pro in Springfield while playing in a snow storm two years ago. The other two I still have and use and they work well one is a 7.2 mp and the other is the 12mp. In my opinion a Sony camera of any type is hard to beat.

Rodney

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I usually take 2 cameras out with me. I have an older Sony that uses floppy disks that I really like a lot cause the self timer is easy to use and its super easy to load the pics on to the computer. I also carry a Kodak Easyshare along as a backup. Nothing expensive cause I put them through some abuse but still good enough to get some nice shots!

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :crazy: $20 and delivered by a hot chick! :eek:oooh: Can't beat that deal! :wink:

12. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Cannon Powershot S5-IS.

13. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Olympus C-700 2.1 megapixel. It's probably way outdated by any standards. Bought it back in 1999, It's be dropped, waterlogged, lost, then found, sat on, but it still takes decent pictures, specially at night. Kind of surprised it has lasted this long with all the abuse I've put it through.

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Some piece of crap Samsung that I got as a birthday gift 2 years ago!

There is no need for the expensive stuff if it's just for fishing pics.

15. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    couldn't say it any better tan, i have a old easyshare that i use, but would like to find a waterproof one. but thats on the bottom of the list to buy. and there are not cheap.

16. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I have a Polaroid 10.0 megapixel and it has so many features on it I barely know how to take a picture with it

17. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have a casio 10.3 megapixels bought it two years ago. Best feature is the self timer.Would like next camera to b waterproof.

18. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Canon Powershot A40. Just an inexpensive 2 Mp cam with 3X optical zoom. It was my first digicam, and since I've upgraded it is now my knock-around/fishing camera. It does okay.

[​IMG]

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am still using a 2 mega pixel olympus that I have been using for 5 years, it has a good flash and takes great nite picks,

20. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I rarely try to force the products i use on other people, i believe everyone should get what they like the best, buttttttttt on the other hand, take a long hard look at the Pentax w series. I have a w10, but they make a better one now, the w15. Theyre small, tough, reasonably priced, and the best part, theyre totally waterproof! They take better pics than cameras with more megapixels, i dont know why, but theyre fantastic cameras. Good flash, many cool settings, very easy menus. I just throw it in my chest pocket in my waders, so its usually underwater when im fishing, i can just pull it out and snap a pic of a nice smallie without going back to shore. I even took it to hawaii this summer and had it in the saltwater for 3 hours while snorkeling and took some amazing shots of sea turtles and tropical fish with it.