What kind of bow ya'll shoot?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by flatheaddundee, Nov 10, 2005.

1. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    What kind of bow does everyone here shoot? I shoot a martin jaguar with spott hogg sights i've taken a few deer and one elk with it. It works great.

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I currently shoot a Jennings Buckmaster single cam. I use Eastman Goldtip carbons out of it. i have taken three deer and 2 blackbear with it along with a lot of small game..aka rabbits, grouse, squirrels, etc..

-Brian

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    for deer i shoot a tomahawk diamond recurve,and some times ill take my old bear super kodiak,for turkey i shoot a bear supermag48 and for smaller game like rabbit and tree rat si shoot a bear montana longbow.i sure do love bear bows but the tomahawk i have is awsome,just wish they wherent so exspensive cause id like to own one of thier long bows,if there long bows are anything like the recurve i have they have to be good bows.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have an Oneida Aero Force set at 65 lbs. Shooting Terminator carbon arrows with Thunderhead 100's.

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i use a oneida black eagle for bow fishing,and my wife has a onieda ladycat i bought her to hunt with,they sure are some smooth shooting bows.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I use my recurves for bowfishing. But Oneida in the smoothest shooting bow out there. I used to break down my Oneida to bowfish and then put it back together for hunting. I bought two Ben Pearson 52#and 45# recurves. Put a retriever on them and shoot fiberglass arrows with muzzy fish tips w/gar points and a safety slide system on the arrow.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I have a older '92 Golden Eagle set at 68 pounds. Im very comfortable and have a lot of confidence in it everytime I shoot. Ive tried a lot of newer bows, but just not able to get that same feeling that I have with this one.

8. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I've been looking at the matthews switchback, and I've heard a lot of good things besides the price. I was thinking about ordering one set at 70 so I could shoot it at 80 for elk and other large game. Anybody out there shoot one?

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I shoot a Bear whitetail master from Bait Pro Shops.
    Easton aluminum arrows. Ive taken two does with it.

10. kildog

kildog New Member

I have one crow creek recurve and 2 crow creek longbows that I hunt deer and pigs and turkeys with. I have a Bear black bear and browning fire drake recurve that I bow fish with....;and I have a selfbow a friend made me that I hunt squirrels with. I love trad hunting!KD

11. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    flatheaddundee, I just got the new switchback today, it's ununbelievably smooth and quiet. I'll admit the price is a little outrageous but the quailty is well worth it.

12. jrm11

jrm11 New Member

State:
    Fairmont, W Va.
    I shoot the High-Country Max-Xtreme

Carbon Arrows, 100 gr. Wasp Mechanical 1 3/4" "gotta love it"

Most bows today basically use the same technology.
    If it's single cam, it's single cam, if it's double cam, it's double cam.
    Split-lim and so on, i think most would agree...

YOU PAY FOR NAME I DO BELIEVE AND IT DEPENDS ON THE SHOOTER !! :)

13. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I shoot the lx. It is smooth and super quiet for a stock bow. If its for competition i'd say yes buy a mathews. Otherwise 90% of the bows made today are good hunting bows. They all are capable of taking deer. That don't speak for the shooters though. Shoot several bows and find what feels comfortable for you.

14. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    PSE spirit w/ 125's set around 72 lbs.
    ive had the thing forever and a day but its accurate
    and comfortable to shoot.
    if it aint broke, dont fix it.

15. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    I shoot longbows of which I have a 40#, 52#, 67# with wooden arrows I make. I also am a group leader of archery for a local club and shoot a Point Blank bow that shoot fast and hits were I aim. About all I can ask for. I have shot bows for over 50 years and still enjoy the sport.

16. bojuana

bojuana New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I shoot Bowtech bows,the last years 2004 Justice and the 2005 Allegiance.The Justice is just right for shooting out of a blind for turkeys witch I did this spring a nice 9& half inch bearded tom.I also took 3 does last deer season with the justice.I started shooting the Allegiance this season with two bucks and two does. One of the bucks I shot had allmost a 19 inch spread. The Allegiance is by far the smoothest bow I ever have put in to my hands and I have been shooting for over 20 years now.I use Easton carbon Epic shafts tipped with Grim Reaper bh.They work good on deer,hogs and javelian.They give you a wicked blood trail.

17. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hoyt and a Martin. There both older bows that i can't remember the years of.

18. rodrekus

rodrekus New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    A Martin Tracer Lt here

19. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Just traded in my Fred Bear Vapor 300 for a new Hoyt Trykon today. shot different bows all afternoon and for me the Trykon was the best fit and feel. Just had a hard time parting with the extra money for it. The other Hoyts I shot were very nice but new if i didnt get the Trykon I would be back trading again. I use a TQ Stingray recurve for bow fishing and em very happy with it.

20. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I own a 10+ year old PSE Polaris with 60 - 80 lb limbs usually set @ around 73#. I used to run it over 80# until I cracked a limb the last day of bow season in MT. PSE gave some upgrade limbs. I was convinced that I "needed" a new bow until I took it to the shop last week for a new set of fiber optic sites. After the tech installed the sites we hit the range and he kept on saying about how hard the bow hits. It made me wonder if that old bow was worth upgrading and keeping. Right now I have upgraded the sight, shafts and heads which were all long overdue. If I chose another bow, the new additions will transfer. I read the two cam bows are making a come-back.