What Kahle?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by SkiMax, Oct 12, 2006.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    What Kahle hook does everybody use and what size? I have used circles for several years but want to try Kahle's, would like to know what everybody thinks works best. thanks! rep to anyone who helps :)

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use Eagle Claw L144 in 2/0 through 5/0 for blues and flatheads.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I keep Eagle Claw Nickle Plated Kahle's from 5/0 - 7/0 and Eagle Claw Black King Kahle's from 8/0 - 10/0 in the box. The size most used is the 7/0.

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    i use the eagle claw L141BP king kahle hook in 10/0 for big flatheads with big bait,and i use eagle claw L2004 circle hooks in 9/0 for drifting for blues with big bait.if i'm going for channels i just use a mustad triple grip treble in size 4 and some DK punch bait.

jerry

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i use eagle claw king kahle 9 an 10/0 they work good on small fish or big fish with the kahle hooks what is nice is that you can let the fish set the hook or you can set it

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'm usin 9/0 kahles myself. May drop and try a 7/0 soon

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i use eagle claw kahles from 1/0-7/0 depending on where i am fishing.

8. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I use eagle claw King Kahle 8/0-10/0 They are razor sharp and come out of most snags without dulling or bending/breaking the hook.

9. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i use eagle claws also in the 4/0 size but most of the fish i fish for are under 15 pounds for that is what is in the lake i fish

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    #8 work well on bream and small bullheads.Also on narrow mouthed Channel cats.#1 to #2/0 work well for frying size cats.I have #5/0,#7/0 and 10/0 in the hopes of one day catching a big fish.peewee-williams

11. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I just switched to kahles myself, and first time out with them hooked up with a 6-7 pound channel, with a 5/0 Eagle Claw. I really liked the hook set, it was 1" down inside the mouth all the way thru the bottom lip. He was stuck an not going anywhere. But I have bigger kahles for when I fish for flatties, 7/0 and 10/0.

12. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I use Eagle Claw 5/0 thru 7/0 nickel plated and 9/0 or 10/0 king kahles dependin on the bait

13. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I use 5/0 to 10/0 depending on what my target is..usually eagle claw brand:smile2:

14. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

well i used to use 8/0, but it got to where for some reason i was missing a bunch of bites, so i switched to the 8/0 gamakatsu octopus hooks...Good luck, and i hope you find one that you like

15. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Lazer Sharp 2/0-7/0.

16. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

I use Gama Octupus and Octupus Circles too, I just wanted to experiment with Kahles, I've heard good things... Tight Lines Matt!

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yeah i have caught alot of fish with Kahles, but last year i was fishing with them, and lost 2 hawgs, the hook just came right out of there mouth, and it just seemed like i was missing bites, i miss some fish with octopus hooks too, but it seems like my hook up ratio is better now...Probably just superstition...LOL