What jig?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kat buster, Oct 22, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Ok I have narrowed it down to two jigs. The bitzenber and the arizona e-z fletch. Which one is easier to use? Oh and what hetical should i use thank you?

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I haven't used those models but I like my Jo-Jan. The twist you use depends on the bow you shoot and the rest you use. Try right, left and strait and see which flies best off your bow.

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    The Bitzenberg is the "standard" by which all other jigs are measured. Great jig but clamps are pricey. The e-z fletch is fast but adjustments are limited to what fingers you have in at the time(R-L helical, straight), feathers were an absolute nightmare on my e-z. If your going to do a lot(many dozen) then I'd get a Jo-Jan multi, if ya got money to spare the Bitzenberg is awesome, if you'll never do feathers then an e-z works well. Me, I went with the cheap Martin and bought all the clamps, but I also have an e-z with all the clamps also. The Martin for feathers and hard Helical and the e-z for quick-set gells and straight vanes.

What kind of rest do you have, what method of release, what broadhead, they all make a difference as far as fletch comfigurations go.