What I've been up to

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by 223reload, Jan 3, 2010.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well the weather has been depressing here,cold, snowy and generally miserable for a week,So I thought it would be the perfect time to break out the equipment and take care of business.This is almost all my .223 ammo that WAS empty brass as of last sunday,I also have a bit more in loose rounds that are in a ziplock bag. I just hate looking at empty brass taking up space.:big_smile::cool2:

Attached Files:

2. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I've been doing the same. 45acp though. I will get a pic up of them, I think I loaded about 1000 rounds more or less.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yup,thats what I do in the winter,I'll get started on the 30-30's next ,got almost 150 hulls,might run out of bullets before I get done with them tho.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    What you loading into those .223 cases, Richard?

5. Good job Rich!:big_smile:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Richard you ready for some serious shooting. Love those winter projects. A great care for Cabin Fever. WTG.

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Swee Pea won't let me play with gunpowder:smile2::smile2::smile2: Looks like it beats sitting in front of the TV all day. Congrats on your winter project. Stay safe and aspire to inspire!!!:wink:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Two different loads,one with IMR 3031 and one with my favorite H380

9. TJD

TJD New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree this is a great time to sort, clean and load empty brass.

Under the Christmas tree Santa or someone left a new Ruger mini 14. Wow a new loading project. It is a great time to do it BUT, The road down into the range is covered with ice and impassable. Oh, for some glodal warming where we need it most. HA

10. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Bought molds and dies for the kids, .380 and 9m. Been molding bullits and loading what they gave me to be reloaded. Neither got a press kit for christmas. So I'll mold and load for them, for now. I picked up a box of .357 brass and have reloaded it. I need a warm spot to pour more bullits. I've reloaded 1500 rounds of target load .38 spl., that's my limit. We sat and watched tv last nite, took turns priming 1000 .38 spl. brass.
    I guess I'll respool some reels as I clean and lube them.
    Yesterday was a bit warmer than today. I drove around and picked up 27 christmas trees and carried them to the boat ramp. First decent warm day, I'll get the boat on the water and sink them.

Ice and snow are coming our way. Text message said they are salting the roads.

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i dont load no brass but i do shotgun shells got about 50 boxes loaded up so far

12. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I'm in pretty good shape as far as loadin'', I need to get out and do some "unloading"!!!

13. jeepthing07

jeepthing07 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been collecting all my .223 and 5.56 brass but i don't know the first thing about reloading whats the cheapest way to get into it? and how many times can you reuse brass?

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the USCA,Jeremy, I started around 30 years ago,bought a set of LEE pacesetter dies,with a LEE Challenger press kit. No scales no powder dropper. Just the little dipper that comes with the dies ,and the loading table that is with em. I am still using this same setup.I agree its SLOW charging the cases,but its very rewarding. There are a few more necessities that you have to purchase seperately like case trimmers ,and load blocks and case conditioning tools,, But I'd say that is THE CHEAPEST. On the life of brass,It depends on the load you shoot. A slightly hotter load will deterioate the brass quicker than a mild load. I'd say my .223 brass lasts an average of 6 loadings.

15. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The 300 Whisper is made byincreasing the neck diameterof a 221 fireball brass. However; most folks make their own 300 Whisper brass by cutting off a 223 brass making it shorter then necking them out. I don't reload anymore. Gave it all away so I have to buy crap bullets from Corbon, the only commercial loader or get one of my South America Buddies that shoot 300 whispers to load my shells. I took some 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips down there in November and my boys went nuts for them. One pal loaded me 50 shells with the ballistic tips. I have shot five times and killed five deer with that round. I sure wish someone up here could sell me some reloads. I fiqure if I had another 150, That would last me the rest of my life since I only use them for hunting.

16. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I have to get started on my reloading now that deer season has come to a close. I think at last count I have 150 .44mag hauls, about 100 in 30-06, and around 50 or so for the 30-30. I need to get everything loaded back up before I get the fishing gear back out.

17. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I need to start loading .223 and .22-250 for prairie dog hunting this year. Didn't load a lot last year because I moved and had to build another reloading area at my house so now I need to load .45 auto, .44 mag, .243, 7 mag, .257 Weatherby mag, .38 special, .357 mag, and .380 auto.