what it is??

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by BassMassey, Sep 11, 2005.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    hey georgia members...........i was fishing a pond inbetween atlanta and athens off of 316..........nice pond but lots of weeds.......so i fished it with a regular bobber and chicken livers........we were catching nice cats that were from about 2 to 4 lbs...........the only thing is that im not sure if they were flats or channels........the tail was not forked at all so i beleived they were flats.......but when i tried to pick one up by its mouth it snapped down hard on my fingers like a blue......ive never had trouble holding a flattie by the mouth, maybe their different down south here in georgia?? but dont all blues have forked tails??? another thing was it had weird spots on it , and it was very slimy..........maybe it was a hybrid?? or cats down south are just different then ohio cats??

2. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    All I no really is that flattie have a much darker skin than Channels. Channels have white bellies and black tops with some spots.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sounds like Spotted Bullhead to me.A good eating fish.peewee-williams

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    With out a pitcher I would have to say Peewee hit the nail on the head. A spotted bullhead

5. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    I have never caught a Spotted Cat did it give up a good fight. I think any fish with a mean bite sounds like fun to me.

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    not really considering it was only about 3 lbs...........i mean it was big enough to grab him by his lip but it just snapped down on me...........i dont know why, ive picked up plenty of flatheads by their mouths back in ohio.......i just thought if a cat had a flat tail with no fork it was a flathead........how big do these bullheads get anyways??

7. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    that is a big bullhead. Mostly about 1 lbs