what is your tournament fish culling system?

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by biga, Aug 5, 2009.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    after fishing my second tourney a couple weeks ago i realized i had a good problem!!! 2 hours into the night i was on a good bite and started culling fish but i was having a hard time keeping track of what fish to throw back!!! what kind of system do you guys use to keep track of your fish in the tank? give me some ideas! help a brother out here:smile2:

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    is it a secret??:eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I guess it is !!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: Not really Academy sports has the tagging system pretty cheap but reliable....when you catch a fish weight it tag it write down the weight and your ready for the next one:wink: That way you will always know your smallest fish & total weight!!!

4. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    weigh each fish mark the weight down on paper then you know wich one to cull and help keep track of total weight...

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bass Pro also has a similar system. You can also make your own. Get an old metal stringer for the clips. Remove six clips and add a heavy line with a cork of different colors on each end. You then mark your catch down on a pad. Example; Red float equals a 10# fish and etc. The colored corks float in the tank and easy to locate.

6. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use the colored cork thing also but instead of metal stringer I squeese the barb down on a #8 circle hook for easy removal and attach a 8 inch leader to hook and cork. Just remember to wright the weights down to match color of cork.leader makes it easy to retreve fish at weigh in,you may want a smaller livewell for a few cull fish for them just in case moments. Hope this helps.

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thanks for the ideas.. thats about what i had in mind but i wondered if you guys had any slick tricks......:smile2:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I use colored plastic locking ties and a notebook.Mickeys system would also work well.:big_smile:

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    On my boat, I have 3 livewells. I keep the fish separated by size and then use a dry erase marker to write on the windshield of my boat. It is not fool proof, but it works. Smallest fish always stays in the tank that double as a bait tank. There is some rotation involved, but you can generally tell your smallest fish.

10. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    i have 2 live wells that keep fish seperate

but i also use the ardent cull system on the
    colored balls they have a weight ajustment
    on the balls themself so you dont have to write
    anything down

later
    slider