What is your Favorite Tackle box? Why?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by CatfishJohn.612, Sep 3, 2007.

1. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Heres a link to mine:
    http://www.planomolding.com/content...t&lineid=4&groupid=11&sectionid=31&partid=165

I like this one because its big enough for me to store all my goodies but not too big as to make it a pain to deal with when it comes time to walk in to my fav. fishing holes. I've been told that Its a little to big, but I'm one of those type of fishermen that wants to have all the things he may possibly need right there with him. Its sure better then needing something and remembering you left it at the house.

2. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 New Member

State:
    California
    I use an Okeechobee Fats Soft Tackle box T800 i think. It holds 4 storage boxes, 2 side pockets large front pocket and a mesh back. But what i really like about soft tackle boxes is the shoulder strap. I can carry all my freshwater gear, without any strain for a good amount of distance.

3. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
  4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    my favorite one is a small umco i bought with lawn mowin money back in 7th grade i still carry it in my truck:boss: but i use a army surplus canvas bag for catfishin and a big old plano for walleye stuff

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    My Shimano soft tackle box. It holds five trays(that it came with) but I only use two. It has two side pocket a big front and a back mesh pocket. It has a pocket in a pocket and after five years of owning i just discoverd it has two nifty straps inside of it too hold pliers and such things. Most importantly as someone else is that you can carry it on your shoulder a big plus when you hauling rods, buckets etc.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have a Plano 8606,it looks like the 8600 you have.I believe that I got it about 25 years ago.I do know that I bought the first one that I saw.What I find amazing is that it has held up to so many days in the Georgia sun over the years.It has all of my casting plugs,spinners and such.I fished for Chain Pickerel.War mouth,bream,Crappie and catfish.I do not keep Bass unless I have some one to give them to.Now that I can not cast or carry much,my "Jeep"heavy codora nylon diaper bag with plano plastic boxes with the compartments works great for me.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I still have a few 3-4 hard tackle boxes around but switched to soft sided bags with a few plano stowaway trays inside. I mostly prefer this because all my gear doesnt get mixed up when it fall out of my truck, lol. I use to have everything I owned in 1 box but have since made a combo catfish/carp bag, 1 for stripers and 2 for trout, " 1 is a fly fishing bag and the other lures and such"

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    One of my wife's old purses. :sweet_kiss:
    Hey, it's free, it holds several plastic boxes of whatever I'm fishing for, and it's got several small pockets on it. Using the plastic boxes means that I can have a couple of boxes for stripers, one for skipjack, one for catfish hooks, etc., and only take what I'm going to need. Oh yeah, it's also got a shoulder strap which frees my hands.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Plano trays and an old 7 gallon plastic paint bucket I have had for years....:smile2: then there are the 10-15 1-2-3 tray boxes and soft bags that I never remember whats in them, until I'm on the river and realize I have the wrong one! :tounge_out::tounge_out: and the small soft bags that the wife buys, because the bucket is to heavy for her to carry....LOL

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    :embarassed:I forgot that I have another one of these boxes that I keep my gun cleaning gear in.It is just about as old as the other.It don't get much weather exposer and still has the K-Mart $13.97 price tag on it.I sure wish that I had held up as good as these boxes during this time.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I use a FLW tackle bag......I love it. It holds several plano boxes, although i only keep two. One for hooks and one for weights. It has plenty of zippers and places to keep knives, floats, or whatever else ya might need.....It's a great tackle bag.