What is your favorite ethnic food?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Catgirl, Jan 2, 2009.

What is your favorite ethnic food?

1. Chinese

2. Italian

3. Mexican

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ethnic: Designating or of a population subgroup having a common cultural heritage or nationality, as distinguished by customs, characteristics, language, common history, etc.

What used to be considered "foreign" foods are now best catagorized as ethnic I suppose, especially in this big old melting pot called the US of A.

Food, I love food. I love food too much. Wonder what's in the refrigerator....I'm hungry.....maybe some leftover spaghetti.....

OH, I'm posting a poll here :smile2:! Let me get back to that!

The three choices I am including in the poll seem to be the most popular in my area, although we have various restaurants including German, Greek, Thai -and probably more I don't know about.

I cannot vote, since the three poll options would be a tie in my case. I'm an equal opportunity eater. :wink:

Vote for YOUR favorite, and if you choose "other" please post to tell us what it is.

Thanks for participating. :cool2:

2. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I think I have tomato sauce in my veins is stead of blood, Love all that Italian food.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I had to go with Mexican. Like the spices used better.

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Gotta go with Mexican Food. It's hard to beat a plate of enchiladas with rice and beans.... or a chimichunga..... or a chili rellano.... or fajitas... i'm hungry now

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Tough decision for me between Italian and Mexican...I have to give Italian the slight edge, that's my vote.

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    :smile2:
    Lol:smile2: I am getting hungry too.

Jaime

7. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    Well I'm gonna have to go with southern cooked Greens mustard/turnip combo's!

Me will tell ya straight up if ya ain't dun tried em! Don't knock em!!!

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mexican for me. We eat Mexican food at least once a week. My favorite is homemade. My mother made hot tamales quite often. That was many years before I heard of "Mexican food".

Next would be Italian.

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    other, as in hamburgers and french fries :big_smile::cool2:

10. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Italian definantly gets my vote.

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It was close between the " Italian" and the " Mexican"...but I chose the latter of the two.:wink: Love those spices!!!

12. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    tough choice other seafood hard to beat alaskan snow crab legs or jumbo shrimp steamed and a nice sirloin steak :roll_eyes: yeah you know it

13. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    I ate froglegs quite a bit when I was little, don't find them anywhere's around me anymore but would sure like to have some these days.
    guess I could get them the old fashioned way, but have not done that since youth either.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had to vote "other" Because I really don't have a favorite ,I just love good food. Most any ethnic type I have tried is great as long as it has been prepared good.

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Tough poll Tanya, i'll eat anything except liver. I will no discriminate about vittles. Besides liver, i can't think of anything i Don't like.:confused2: Oh yhea, add spinach to that list. Almost turned against pop Eye cause he eat that mess.

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Tanya, ya need another choice for all of the above+. I'm in that catagory:cool2:.

17. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    we eat a very cosmopolitan diet- a little of everything. our spice rack reads like a well stamped passport. we shop at ethnic grocery stores often and hard to pick a favorite. thai, mexican, chinese, indian, vietmanese, middle eastern, greek, african, scandinavian, on and on and on. our "home" food or whats just our normal stuff is what some label as "cajun" food but we branch out in all directions. i voted "other" in the poll cause it cant be pinned down to one or two items.

18. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I eat mexican and fish also chinese is pretty good Itilain is mostley ladies food most men tolirate it some to be fair but probably not man food verry much thanks Sam Davis

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I eat different stuff but mexican is my favorite, just had it tonight.

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Except maybe us Italian men kinda like it, never heard it considered ladies food??? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: