What is your favorite Christmas movie, or story??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Nov 29, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Mine is How the Grinch stole Christmas. My Granddaughter and myself will probably watch it a half dozen times before Santa shows up!!:big_smile_2:

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    GRINCH definitely Steve but I watch it in hopes that this will be the year the GRINCH doesnt cave in and KEEPS the presents instead of giving them back.:confused2::tounge_out::sad2:If you are going to be a GRINCH then be one not some wishy washy flip flopper!!!!!!:smile2::big_smile:I think I love the poor dog best of all.Problem is I cant get the song out of my head for weeks and people tire of my answering every question or statement with "Your a mean one Mr.Grinch"!!!!!!:wink::big_smile:Charlie Brown Xmas is another good one.:big_smile:

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think the original Rudolph has to be one of my favorites. Bad graphics and animation and all.

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    My wife's favorite? It's a Wonderful Life, of course! She makes me sit down and watch it with her year after year after year...:roll_eyes: I don't mind so much once ole Clarence shows up. At the end of the movie, my wife always cries, and I always grumble that Mr. Potter didn't get what he deserved! :confused2:

Favorite movie or show? None...I don't have the patience to watch anything.

Music? Yes! Gene Autry's Christmas album will always be my favorite. I'm still waiting on Santa Claus to arrive in that whirlybird! :smile2:

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    A Christmas Carol(the version starring George C Scott), Christmas Story, and of course Christmas Vacation.

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    The Christmas Story....

You'll shoot your eye out!

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Charlie brown christmass
    Bill

8. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    How the Grinch sole Christmas

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The Grinch,Rudolph,Frosty and A Christmas Story. We just watched Shrek the Halls and the Grinch last night. I like them all I guess. Not too much on the whole Holidays thing though...Kinda blown out of proportion I think. I reckon I may change how I feel when we have kids...:confused2::wink::big_smile:

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have seen two movies I can remember. The only two I have seen lately. One was "The Passion of Christ", not too Christmasy but about Christ anyhow. The other that got me to thinking about Christmas was the movie 300, where all those macho Greek guys take on the Muslim world.

There was a scene where our hero was confronted by a wolf in the winter. That so reminds me of Christmas. The "Wolf" is the credit card companies coming after Nancy after Christmas.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

I was gonna type the exact same ones in this exact order!!!! UNCANNY!!!:smile2:

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
  13. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My favorite movie at Christmas time is the Godfather.

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    A christmas story, thats a great movie.

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    The movie White Christmas.

It ain't Christmas without getting to watch that one!

and another one

Call me Clause with Whoopi Goldberg as santa

16. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    National Lampoons Christmas vacation.
    Every time I see that show there is something I didn't see the time before that makes me laugh. And as I get older I just forget all the funny stuff and it is funny all over again.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont have one but I love all the oldie cartoon types ,grinch ,charlie brown ,frosty ,rudolph .

18. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    My favorite Christmas movie has to be the Grinch.

My favorite Christmas story has to be a true one that happened about four years ago.

On December 18th I got a call at work from my husband. My father had been in a motorcycle accident and was in the hospital for "overnight observation".
    Dad lives in a remote coastal town with a very small hospital. They had flighted him to the nearest trauma center for this "observation". It just didn't make sense to me. I told my husband I would call when I got there and found out anything.
    I went as fast as that old VW bug would boogie. When I found my father, he was in a coma in the Neuro-Intensive care. He was on a ventilator and his head was gaping with cuts, yet to be sutured. The right front part of his forehead was smashed in. It was something of a blur. Neuro-surgeon explaining the pressure on his brain, surgery, consents for this, consents for that, yes, I'm his next of kin, letters for guardianship through the court, time will tell, etc. I cried as I prayed over this man that had been bigger than life to me for all of my life. My idol.....
    I lived in the waiting room of the Neuro-ICU with several other families for three days before I came home to let my husband and children know I hadn't deserted them. I was home for maybe an hour before returning, this time with my husband in tow.
    By the time George (my husband) saw Dad, his head had swollen so much that the tape holding the breathing tube was cutting into his face. His tears were of blood. The monitors beeped and hummed. The nurses let me stay as long as I wished, even though everyone else was only allowed 10 minutes every couple of hours. I stayed.
    On Christmas Eve, I told my father that I just had to go home for the kids Christmas morning. I begged him to wait for me and promised I'd be back Christmas night. He was silent in his continuing coma. No reponse.
    Christmas day was the most depressing day I can ever remember for me. I could not even get out of bed to see Santa's booty with the kids. I withdrew.
    On Christmas night, I drove the four hours back to the hospital and waited until they would let me in to see my father. By now, I was told that he was in a "drug induced" coma. They wanted to keep him totally out while the swelling went down on his brain.
    I went in to find the familiar hums and beeps of the monitor, the artificial light that never changes. I sat by Dad's bedside holding his hand and talking to him. In the late hours of Christmas night, Dad squeezed my hand. I told the nurse and she checked him. No response to voice, touch or pain. She said I might have felt a muscle tremor. The only tremor I felt that night was in my heart. I knew my father would live.

This is my father. A picture taken more than a year after that accident.

Attached Files:

19. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Laura that story beats them all. Thanks for sharing.

20. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    My favorite Christmas movie is Mircle on 34th street and a Christmas Story. Along with a lot of animation christmas shows, Charlie Brown, Frosty, Rudolf, the Grinch and of course The Muppets Christmas and Smokey mountain Christmas.