What is your favorite cake?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

All this holiday food talk has me thinking about cakes, and wondering what kind of cake everyone likes the best. My VERY favorite type of cake is Italian Cream Cake. It has coconut, pecans, and cream cheese icing. Close behind that would be a good ole poundcake. Ever try toasted poundcake with ice-cream? You should. Yum yum! So, what is YOUR favorite kind of cake? :smile2:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Mine is angel food cake... because I am so sweat. LOL

3. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    fruit cake lol j/k ive never tasted it, is it really actually heavy? anyway i like german chocolate or pound cake, or coconut cream or is coconut cream a pie? idk lol anyway that italian cream cake sounds delicious.

4. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    just a plain old Duncan Hines cake nothing fancy

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My favorite cake is German Chocolate!

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I like pinnapple upside down cake the best:big_smile:

7. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My spanish grandma made us her banana chiffon cake with a semi sweet frosting made with sugar, crisco and finely chopped walnuts... omg its so good and creamy!! But my all time fav is my carrot cake with cream cheese frosting sets up an inch of not higher on the cake thats so moist and spiced up with cinnamon and some fresh ground nutmeg.... Happy Holidays everyone at the BOC

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    mine too , every year on my birthday thats what i get and iv had alot of them :lol: 38 so far

9. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Red Velvet with my homemade cream cheese icing.

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Great gobs of goose grease, now ya'll gone and done it, you flung a cravin on me and I'm droolin all over my keyboard. My favorite cake is pineapple upside down cake, then coconut cake but it has got to be very very moist. I love carrot cake if it is a good homemade one and I dearly love a good homemade fruitcake. Judy just made me a coconut cake and I think I gained another ten pounds, it sounded like a hog in a slop trough when I set in on that wonderful cake.

I WANT A PIECE OF CAKE NOW!!!

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    My favorite cake is chocolate cake with whip cream cheese/whip topping and cherries. Oh and German chocolate. yummy.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mine would be Deutsche Schokolade also (German Chocolate), but bring me some Pumkin Pie with heaps of Whipped cream Ill eat that :smile2:

13. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    My favorite all time cake is :Blueberry pie.I'm not much for cakes but love pies which is not an attempt to change the direction of the thread.HOWEVER from all the drooling and lip smacking going on here I hope Paul doesnt have to expand the avatar space!:eek:oooh::roll_eyes: :smile2: Would you believe one of the Cappucino machines here locally has a flavor that is Italian Creme Cake.I'm serious and it is my favorite flavor.:big_smile:

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tanya, mine is a plain old chocolate cake with white frosting and coconut... of course all homemade. Betty use to fix me one for my birthday but in the last several years I've started requested a Millionaire Pie.

Just happen to have an old slide of my cake. I think I had just eaten a slice.:wink:

Attached Files:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Dayton, that looks like a delicious cake! Chocolate and coconut are great together, and I would probably like that more than a traditional coconut cake. Thanks for the picture, the expression on your face is PRICELESS :big_smile:!

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The one I'm eating at the time:lol: . But german chocalate is hard to beat.

17. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    mine would have to be boston creme pie, not contest. I love that stuff!

18. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    MMMM.... Cake. When I find a cake I don't like I'll let you know. I'm pretty excited about pies too, especially apple.

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Carrot cake with no icing or duncan hines yellow cake with no icing.

20. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Dayton,
    Thanks for the picture of you with the cake, that is a smile..i tell ya:big_smile: . Love it!!!:wink:

I dont care for alot of icing either. I especially like fresh hot lemon cake without icing, thats good! With a cold glass of milk, yum yum!