Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been daydreaming for quite a while about what my perfect 'dream pond' would be if resources were not an obstacle. It would be 10-15 acres with a strong, clean creek flowing into it from a wooded area that kept the water cooler than most other Northeast Ga. ponds. It would have the occasional 20 foot deep hole scattered about but also a couple of extremely shallow reedy areas. Slightly upriver from it the creek would also feed a smaller bait pond that contained every type of shad and shiner I could grow, feeding them daily with floating pellets. I would also feed the main pond daily to keep healthy the shad,bream, and bullhead population that provide the main forage for my game fish.

My pond would have largemouths, hybrid, longnose gar, bowfin, grass pickerel, flatheads, and blues. I like the thought of having a pond full of giant and/or interesting fish. I want to start all the big boys at the same time to see who out competes the rest, just for curiosity's sake, but if any disappear I would restock them. I chose hybrid instead of stripers because even my imagination couldnt make stripers live in a pond!

What are some other dream ponds ya'll have thought of?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
your description sounds awesome to me.

there is a place by my house where there was a sandpit and a guy turned it into his residence. built a house and workshop next to it.

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,480 Posts
One that hasn't been fished and no one knows about yet.
Every cast a nice fish just using worms.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
very nice Tom

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
how deep is it?

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
how deep is it?
This is a nice 1 acre lake but it has silted in and need to be re-dug. Deepest right now is 8 ft. Half of lake is only 3 feet deep. The original builder of the house and lake got ir part way dug when they got a big gully washer. Didn't get any more digging done after that. Makes a good Bass & gill lake so I have my own bait lake until I decide if I can afford to dig it out.

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
Thanks James. Getting a little tough for me to keep up with now. My breathing is really bad now days. But it is a pretty place. Maybe this summer I can get caught back up on it.

Reactions: Catpaw
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.