What is your dream hunt

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Oct 12, 2008.

What is your dream hunt

1. Timber hunt in Arkansas

2. Geese in Canada

3. Sea ducks around Alaska

4. Multi Species hunt in North MO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    If you could pick your dream hunt what would it be?

Timber mallard hunt in Arkansas
    Geese in Canada
    sea ducks
    multi species hunt in North Missouri

2. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    I hunted most of my life in the Pacific Flyway Central California up to Tule Lake way up north. The waterfowling is and always has been pretty amazing. Now I live in Northern Virginia along the Banks of the Potomac River and although the hunting is different than out West, it is just as spectacular. We have a great deal of success on the big Canadas and lots of Mallard, Black duck, Gadwall and Teal. And later season open water hunting for Bluebills, Red Heads and Canvasbacks. But I always wanted to go hunt Alberta in the early fall for the big flocks of Geese and to see the sheer numbers of birds that fill the Canadian sky

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    My dad had the oppritunity to go to Alberta for geese last sept to be filmed for a show. He said it was a blast and the amount of birds that would decoy was amazing. But I guess it helps when you have 12 doz GHG full bodies as a spread:eek:oooh:. He got to shoot the hevi shot loads too, said they were as good as lead and better

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I grew up north of Stuttgart Ark. about 20 miles. If there is any water, timber hunting is as good as it gets. No need for blinds, pits etc. Just get ya a tree, and get ready to shoot when he gets down close enuff to see the white ring around his neck. I'm cheatin here though cause there are some big deer in northern Mo. too:wink:

5. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    What I have always wanted to do is go on one of the white wing dove
    shoots in Mexico. Where you shoot so much your barrel gets so hot
    the vent. rib falls off.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    For waterfoul,My dream hunt would be alberta and honkers,I am getting back into the goosebusting and That would be the ultimate. I have been hashing around the idea of starting my goose guiding business back up with an old friend and also former goose guide,we both miss it.

7. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    I'd have to say Canada for goose hunting, as geese are my thing. Nothing wrong with duck hunting, but I love the big geese. The hunt I truly want though is Argentina for geese. The limits and sheer numbers are what my dreams are made of. The duck shooting aint too bad either!!

8. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I would love to go to Mexico and hunt Teal, Sprig, etc in the morning and doves in the afternoon. That said, its tough to pass up an awesome North Dakota morning shootin cranes, giants, and ducks.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Multi Species hunt in North MO. is my pick. I worked for a machine shop years ago and they a farm in Mo. Always sounded like fun.

10. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I would have to say geese for sure. Course i dont really get into ducks that much. Unless they land in my goose decoys. There is just something about having a flock of canadians locked up and falling out of the sky that gets the blood a pumping.

11. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well, mine would be one we can't have! I'd like to go back just one more time to the So. Illinois Quota Zone with things like they used to be, me included. My Dad would be along once more, I could call with my voice like I once did, and it would be late season, brutal weather, smart geese that were hard to work, etc. We'd work hard for our birds, the dog would make spectacular retreives and we'd shoot out just minutes before the end of shooting time. Yep, been there, done that - and after all these years, my heart still gets up in my throat when they commit to the decoys, lock up and come sliding in, nothing moving but the very tips of the wings.
    You probably have guessed by now that geese are the 'Kings of Waterfowl' to this boy encased in a man's body!

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    the multi species hunt for me,

13. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I think I speak for most of us when I say that I would give up the greatest hunt to come for one chance to go back in time and relive that hunt that saunters through my mind while I sleep. It isnt that we limited out or that the birds worked the dekes perfectly, its the time shared with those that have passed and the wisdom which they passed down 1 frosty morning at a time.

Alright enough of that, get out there and "take 'em"

14. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    To me It would have to be a late season dry field duck hunt in N. Mo. when the temp is below freezing. I have done the Canada thing and it was awesome but to me there is nothing in the waterfowl world that compares to 500-1000 mallards dropping from 1000ft right in your face all at once. They can actually be closer to you than the end of your gun barrel and soo loud you can't hear the guy next to you. It gives me chills just thinking about it. It has to be one of the most exciting things I have ever experienced in the outdoors!

15. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am a big fan of mallards in dry corn aswell, but I would say my favorite is hunting the MO river when everything else is frozen. Late last year we were killing limits for a week straight mallards and canadas both with in an hour. Groups on 200 canadas locked in and hundreds of mallards swarming the spread. I can't wait for that to come this year!

16. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I got on this last year too. I'm pumped about the late season on the river. We were killing ducks and geese till the major ice flows stopped us.

17. shovehead1

shovehead1 New Member

State:
    Trumann,Arkansas
    I live in the duck capital of the world,but I would really like to go goose hunting in canada.....I live in trumann,arkansas so I hunt mallards in the timber every weekend of duck season.

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Crap, now i guess i need to buy duck stamps and get some new decoys.:roll_eyes: I sure miss killin mallard heads.

19. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Do it now! The duck hunting is getting great

20. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    My dream hunt has always been to go to Afrika!!!
    I'd like to hunt Cape Buffalo, Leopard, Kudu, and assorted plains game.
    Be awesome if I could use my Double rifles!
    They say you can wear out a double barrel shotgun over there on the birds, and the fishing is awesome too!!