What is your Dream Fishin Trip?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by heavyduty, Nov 8, 2006.

1. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    If you could go anywhere and fish for any kind of fish, where would you go and what would you fish for ?

I would like to go down to the Amazon River and fish for some of those giant Red-Tailed Catfish.

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I would LOVE to catch a big Marlin or any BIG bill fish.

3. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I would have a pontoon boat and 4 Uglystick catfish rods. I would be on the Mississippi river with my brother, my nephew and my father.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I would like to be able to travel the entire U. S. in a RV, and fish for flatheads, and blues with as many BOC members as possible. That woud be the ultimate fishing adventure. Of course id have to have my wife video tape the the whole trip. :big_smile:

5. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Merchant Falls in Africa is supposed to a trip of a lifetime, scenery wise, hippos and all in the swim but for me it would have to be Japan for the Black Carp.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    trophy red-tail catfishing on the Amazon

7. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The Sea of Cortez, fishing for marlin or any place for shark.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

A Catbusster trip with a few of the BOC guys

9. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would fish for Blues and Flatheads, with the Parrish Bros. on the Ohio River!! I think it would be a very memorable trip!:cool2:

10. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I would love to learn to fly fish for Tarpon in the Keys.

It is a close race between that and going on a Wels Catfish Trip......that would be a tough choice!!:roll_eyes:

11. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

That would be sweet too!!

12. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would go to Old Hickory lake, catch a few dozen skipjack at the dam, then get in a boat and fish all day and catch a bunch of 20+ lb blue cats. I actually might do that this winter.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dang Scott I guess great minds do think alike cause you just named mine exactly

14. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Red-Tailed cats on the Amazon, or Wels cats in Europe... Heck if I win the lottery I'd take some brothers on both!

Aaron

TA2D

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would like to go Somewhere camping around the mountains , surrounded by forest, nice lake around this time of year when leaves are changing. Cool weather, light wind, clear nights, Fishing, hunting etc. My wife, dog, Couple of friends, , no one else around for miles. I might never come back. LOL.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You trophy guy's see this show. it was cool
    last week on NGC called , " Hooked, Monster Fish"Not sure exactly where it was. Mis spelled but I think they said Maykon river or something like that. Showed em pulling in a 643lb cat, 9 1/2 feet long. Several men in water and Village was on bank watching. Later they was talking bout fresh water Stingrays on the river. One man hooked a 200lb er. CPR it. Later they was talking bout ocean Sun fish. Huge. I forgot the weight. Then it was to Georgia to find the truth about , Hogzilla. Huge wild hog a man killed. I woke up wondering if they found out the truth on that one. LOL.

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sak of tatters, frypan,ice chest full of cold drink.and a good friend on the river for a week. priceless:smile2:

17. zoelife

zoelife New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Amazon river,red-tailed cat,red-bellied pacu,pirahna.
    And in-between catching,I would have to be collecting small fish to bring back.:smile2:
    I have eaten red-bellied pacu from the amazon,there they call it timbaque.And let me tell ya,it was one of the best fish I ever ate in my life.They eat fruits and such that fall in the water,and the PH runs around 5-7.I think the ph has an effect on the meat,But I can't prove it.The flesh smelled (fruity) like watermelon,.and cooked up like pork.
    Pirahnas even eat some of the fruits which fall into the water,despite the fact that they are known as carnivores.
    (Just make sure and dont forget the steel leaders)..

Peace and Plenty,
    Kevin

18. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    My Dream Fishing Trip Will Be The One That I'll Be Taking Soon With Mr. Tim Hagan !!

19. kryton

kryton New Member

State:
    ohio
    to go greatwhite shark fishing in the land down under:big_smile: to catch a 10ft shark

20. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I have one of those..look
    [​IMG]
    and a tig..
    [​IMG]

Actually I would go to Neultin Lodge in Canada. I'm supposed to go this summer so I'm amped about it!