WHAT IS YOUR BEST CATFISH ROD REEL COMBO

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by cvbaitman, Nov 27, 2009.

1. cvbaitman

cvbaitman New Member

State:
    georgia
    WHAT IS THE BEST ROD AND REEL COMBO ????
    WHY DO YOU LIKE IT THE BEST?????
    WHAT IS THE COMBO COST ?????

CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT COMES OUT ON TOP....

2. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I've got a couple of favorites. I have 4 abu 6500c3 on 8' E rods and they are working out great. But I also have a couple Shimano 6500B bait runners on 8' mh Ugly sticks. all of my rods are one piece just because I think they are stronger all the way down to my little rods. whether I use the bait runners or the abu's depends on how and were I'm fishing. It seems to all depend on what you are most comfortable with. ​

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    About the costs. that all depends on how much time you want to spend looking for the best deals. Not long ago I got 3 6500c3s with E-rods for a Little over 100 each. Plus I got a 1200 yard spool of 40# Big game line with them. some thing I would also keep and out for are auctions. I have made a killing on fishing gear that way.​

4. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    my best is abu 6500 c3 with a diawa 7ft6in mh muskie rod costed me rught at 200 antd it spooled with sten 30lb test It's a good casting and stong I know it hold a 58 lb flat just wish i could find some more rods like this one for the rest of my reels there good but not as good as this one

5. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    i use spinning reels....3 shakespere alpha....1 catmax....3 shakespere 7 ft mh ugly sticks & 1 8 ft off shore angler mh rod...they dont cost that much but ive had no problems with them...:big_smile:

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    My rod are all custom made. They range from 7'-14'. Reels are 3-Abu 7000's, 5 Abu 6500c3's, 2 Tidewaters and 1 Abu 5000D. I have several other reels that I use on occasion. The cost on all was the cost of parts, since I made the rods. The reel were gifts or bought at yard sale and rebuilt.

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    My best is my abu garcia 7000iC3 on a st criox heavy musky rod...i love that rod and the fist trip with it i got a 27.6 lb flathead:big_smile::big_smile:

8. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I also use the 6500C3's and love them on an ugly stick catfish, 8'. The setup retails at around 120, but I got the reels on craigslist for like 30 each.