What Is Your Actual Catch To Trip Ratio?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Mar 19, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will admit that I have been skunked more times that I have caught fish. This may be true for alot of catters in my region. What are some of your average results?

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I haven't kept track but, I too will admit that i've come home empty handed more often than I care to admit! LOL

Eric

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It may be due to the "mellon rig" and all that other mellon stuff you use... You may want to keep your new abu and give the other stuff away... I'm almost positive that would improve your ration. LOL Truthfully though, it probably would be difficult to maintain that much statistics. And the bottom line, far as I'm concerned, is that I don't really care - I'm gonna go fishing again, anyhow.

4. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Last year we had a drought and by July it was getting hard to catch them. I think July 7 or 17 was my last fish. But before that Ill usually catch a fish or more a night. Dont get me wrong there were alot of nights that I didnt catch fish.

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I will say that if I had to depend on the fish I caught to eat I would be pretty darn skinny. LOL. I do not keep any type of journal or record book of catches, but just thinking on the subject, I say I catch fish about 40% of my trips. Not too good, but enough to keep me going back again and again.

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    100%. Usually average around 100 fish or so per trip. Here in Missouri. God bless.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I want to go fishin with ASASIN.....:0a23:

8. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Haha, if I could catch fish 40% of the time, I would be the happiest person alive. I get them about 1...no, better make that 0.5% of the time. When I do its usually a little channel cat too :rolleyes: I dont know what I would do if I wasn't patient.

9. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Come on up to NW Missouri this summer sometime and we'll go. God bless.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think it has been years since I have been skunked, I usually catch lots, of fish, and big fish at that.

11. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Haha, if I could catch fish 40% of the time, I would be the happiest person alive. I get them about 1...no, better make that 0.5% of the time. When I do its usually a little channel cat too I dont know what I would do if I wasn't patient.

Barbel,

LOL.. I should mention that sometimes the 40% includes the bait I am using..

12. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My odds for Catfishing are pretty good. I think that I got skunked once out of 9 times last summer. Puts me around 85%

for other species, is probably around 65-75% of the time I catch fish. Unless I'm in Canada, as those that have been there can attest. You can almost catch fish on a bare hook, (and I don't mean snagging)
    the time I usually don't do so hot is when I'm fishing new water and trying to figure out what works.

13. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i fish 3 to 4 days a week from may to first couple of weeks in october depending on the weather. as far as flatheads go ive only been skunked 2 times the hole year. but im 100% on stripers or wipers wichever you want to call them. while waiting on a big cat i will throw an old rooster tail for stripers. hope that dosent change this year.

14. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    you sir are a liar!:rolleyes:

I would say I catch at least one fish, even though it may be small cuz I dont like to leave skunked, about 85-90% of the time there is no skunk.

15. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I went several times last year 25+ & caught fish everytime out! There were a few times we caught only 1 little fish, however we did catch a fish. Ive been 1 time this year & got skunked I'm worried!!!!!!:sad:

16. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I got skunked a few times last summer, but I did have some good trips to make up for those slow nights.

17. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Does turtle and gar count? If they count, then my ratio is pretty darn good. haha

18. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Mostly catch but sometimes skunked but I fish for dinner not the big boys so about 80 % sucess rate

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HA! Flathunter is the KING of SKUNKS! I am out to prove that this year. I'm not sure what the Chinese say, but 2006 Is The Year Of The Mellon!

20. jetdrive

jetdrive New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have my good days and my bad too, but just being out on the water is very relaxing and wouldn't trade it for anything.