What is with this

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by plumbertom1, May 17, 2007.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Lake? I went to Lake Casitas Wednesday and fished for all I was worth. I tried Mackerel, Night crawlers, Danny Kings, Catmando liver and a couple of other prepared baits that I haul around with me. I moved from place to place every hour or so and even tried changing my usual sliding rig to a drop loop rig (bottom weight) And still could not buy a bite. I mean, you'd expect to get a blue gill or even a bullhead non the night crawlers But I got nada.
    I fished most of the accessible shoreline wherever I could get to it, and I never saw anyone catch anything.
    I want to learn how this Lake works because it's only an hour up the road from me.
    I was so disgusted I drove up Big Tujunga Canyon and fished the creek at Vogal Flats for trout. At least there I managed to catch and release 10 fish even if they were stupid rainbows.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Casitas is not known for great shore fishing for cats. Its the coves and the area around the Island and the sunken Island thats known for producing cats there. You basically have to rent a boat there, which is expensive, or have your own boat or go with someone thats has a boat. Thats one of the reasons why I have not been there. I am waiting to get my own boat, or go with someone that has one.

3. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Yeah i figured that much, but you would think you might at least get bite from something. And they won't allow my inflatable pontoon either.

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Wait for Irvine locally if you want to get into some good catfishing basically. The others are hit and miss. I am hosting an event at Irvine like I did a few times in the past with a potluck and derby so it will be cool. Look for Mid September at the Vine. for that one.

Otherwise it some of the paylakes like Hesperia and Sarl that will give you decent shoreline fishing.

5. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    Fella As soon as I can diagnose and repair the problem with my reverse gear I would love to get out on Casitas and chase cats. I have a 19 foot Galaxie. I am sure we can stalk them in that...

Corey
    I will be looking forward to that Irvine event. I have run into Catmando a few times while out at the Vine. Gave me a few tips on where to catch some kitties last season.

6. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Brian, you keep us posted on that event you're planning, I for one will look forward to attending.

7. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Corey if that invitation was directed toward me, I would be more than happy to join you for a day on the lake. Hopefully you know that lake better than I do. Any day works for me as I do not work .
    In my experiance many of the shifting problem solutions are found in the forward controls or linkage.