What is up with fishin TALES?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flatheadmaniac, Jul 29, 2006.

1. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i know everyone tells them and everyone has heard a few in there time but, why go over bored on one only to make yourself look so stupid? the one thing i hate about fish tales is that someone always has to 1 up on you WHY? can anyone just let it be what it is. i just let the pictures do my stories for me.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    now what kind of a fish story would that be

3. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Where big fish are concerned, men grow horns

:angry:

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

someone's sinature says it best "I fish there for I lie" LOL.

5. Because its fun to brag thats why. Also its tough to prove it when you have someone that will vouch for you.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    'cause my dad can whip your dad...:lol:

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    It is a proven fact that fish get BIGGER the more they are talked about and smaller the longer they are out of the water. Water magnifies the size of the fish and live wells ,fish baskets and stringers swrink fish. the same is true of closets and Dress pants. the longer the pants hang in the closet, the smaller they get.lol

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I think everytime they tell the story the fish gains a little in size and before you know it that fish that was 2 lbs 2 oz is now 3 lbs 6 oz.:big_smile:

But I tell it like it is,a fish that is 3 lbs 14 oz was right at 4 lbs....:lol:

9. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    think it goes back to a time when the only form of entertainment was sitting around the fire an tellin yarns...i myself ain't never doctored up a fish story in my life and if ya belive that...........................lol

10. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    old man i tried to rep ya but i have to spread out first thats to funny like i said before some of my best days fishing i never had a camera with me :eek:oooh:

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Boys wll be boys.

lmao

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    "Telling yarns around campfires" "Boys will be boys" LOL, that's right. :big_smile:

We all exaggerate a little, especially fisherman/hunters. LOL. Last fish I caught. It was pulling so hard, my feet was buried in the bank up to my knees and the bank started going under water. I had to cut my line. :confused2:
    Last time I went deer hunting guys at camp gave me a hard time on why I shot a little 4 point. This is my story and I'm sticking too it. Huge 14 point buck came out. Must of weighted 275 or so. He was snorting, fighting mad headed for a fight with a 4 point over a doe. I wanted the 14 point but I didn't think my last 2 bullets would bring that monster down. I couldn't bare to see him beat the life out of that four point so I felt I needed to make it as painless as possible for the 4P point. I took out the 4P. If it wasnt for the curlity of what that 14 was going to do to the 4P and I had a couple more bullits, 14P would of been mine.:roll_eyes:
    Pic's and seeing for yourself always tells the real story. Little exaggeration in story, Its just part of the fun, campfire talk. Bigfoot style.:big_smile:
    Where would the fun be if we didn't have fun. LOL.:confused2:

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    its all in good fun to hear tall tales. if they're lyin and i don't know, then i don't care that they're lyin.

14. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    My way of thinking its reliving the experince of catching the fish. It's also what makes fishing fun. For Example: The other night I was fishing and the mosquitoes were so bad you could swing a five gallion bucket and catch ten gallions of them. Along about 2 oclock in the morning a durn mosquito flew in my ear and I went to slapping at it when my chair broke dumping me on the ground flat on my back, Thats when I got a bite there i was crawling around on the ground trying to get up, Real the fish in, and get the mosquito out of my ear all at the same time.
    Now to me that makes for a better storie than. At 2 AM caught a catfish.

15. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Because thats jsut how fishing stories work. That why they are stories.

16. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont know, lol, I'm not the best at fishing, and I'll admit it. I'm lucky to get a few bites

17. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    yeah well i was fishin to indian lake last weekend and some homer came over to talk at me and i sayed what i do most of my fishin at lake X (hehe) and he sayed what " A GUY AT THE SHOP" routinely catches 20-25# cats outta there and i been fishin it for 7 years and best i pulled was only 16.2# .

18. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    My dad has a poem that goes "Early to Bed, Early to Rise, Fish all day, Make up lies" He loves it.

For serious fisherman there is a culture involved. This site feeds that culture and makes fishing that much better. I used to be excited when I caught a big fish b/c I caught it. Now I'm excited because i caught it AND I can brag on here, lol. The stories make fishing a much more enjoyable experience and that's why we all fish, for fun!

19. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I guess we just have to make up a story that sounds good. I know when I get in a group and someone starts in with a story that's too good to be true I egg them on. Get them to tell you specifics. When a persons making up a fishing story it's hard to keep every thing said in order and soon you have a howling good story. I've done this and had the fish weigh several different weights and caught from different waters by the time the story is over. Now personally I don't make up stuff about fishing. I've only been in trouble with the Iowa DNR once, and that was for not reporting dropping the water level in a local lake by and inch and a half when I removed a rather large catfish. I guess that wasn't what I really got in trouble for, I think it was the tsunami that I caused when I tossed the fish back in..... took out most the homes on the North shore and a few on the West bank. I'll have to be more careful in the future, second time I've done that.... my bad! :wink:

20. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's a good thing we have the BOC. There's none of that around here, we always tell the truth.:confused2: