What is this?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Netmanjack, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am hoping someone can identify this for me. I would call it a plant stand, but whats up with the wooden spikes on the base? Back in the day most everything had a purpose. What do ya think? :confused2:

Attached Files:

2. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Can't help with the spikes but the heater brings back memories:confused2:

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Don't know but I'll take a guess that is some kind of old knitting or sewing table and the yarn or thread would be wrapped around the pegs and pull off as used....

lol...just a guess...:confused2::big_smile:

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Looks like something to step on in the middle of the night and say $%!T that hurts.:tounge_out:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That thought crossed my mine, but came up empty lol I have been searching the net all day and cant seem to come up with the right query.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think its a scratching post for the animals... keep em away from the big post! Honestly I have no dam clue:big_smile: rollo

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Looks like a seat for 4 Cleveland Browns fans to watch their team! :crazy: :roll_eyes: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

8. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    Don't you guys know anything. The spikes are to keep the kids away from it while playing so they don't knock over the plant! LMAO

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I will go with the stepping on answer only if I stepped on it the whole thing plant and would be in the front yard.

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm bumping this back up. Only 67 members have looked at the pic's. I really want to know! Come all you old guys. What do I have to do, post this in the over the hill thread? lol:crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Jack,

I forwarded your pics onto my mother...she's a big antique person. Her best guess is that it's two separate items. The base was used for spinning wool/yarn I can't remember exactly her wording. The top was added later to make a plant stand. I guess just like today someone will find something and say "hey I bet if I do this I can make that".

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That sure would explain why I cant find anything on it! lol Thanks for the help Chris and thank your mother for me. :big_smile: