What is this? What Kind Of Dog?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by s_man, Dec 13, 2008.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    My wife found this dog back in the spring when it was still a pup. It was freezing and starving in the parking lot at the pizza shop, so naturally she brought it home.

What is it? When someone asks what kind of dog I have I have to say its a MUTT lol. Anyone out there know what kind of dog this could be, or do I have some kind of mix?

Attached Files:

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    im pretty sure its a routweiller

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    too hard to tell, I would stick with your mutt story

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    lools like a rot-lab mix, definatley isnt a full rot....Nice lookin pup...:wink:

5. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    yeah his legs are a lil long and you can tell by his face its not a full rot but it has a lot in him

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Maybe has some Rottweiler and German Shephard in the mix. Doesn't resemble any of the AKC breeds I have seen. Nice looking dog though!:big_smile: Yeah! Maybe some lab too?

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    its a black and tan one lol i would say that it does have some hound in tho .ears are to short to be full blooded hound

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I agree with Slimdaddy. When I came to pick you up to go fishing that one morning the dog was out back barkin. I thought you had a huntin dog because it sounded like a hound.

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Theres no rot or lab in it at all. lol Thats all German Shepard and beagle! What you have there is a good garbage can dog. I'll bet he rolls over for hot dogs doesn't he! lmao
    It don't matter none though. A good o'l dog is a good o'l dog.:cool2:

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree Jack, our dog came from the dog pound. We named him Lucky... Lucky to have a home! He is a Bichon Frise.. Looks like a dam poodle.. Ain't much to look at in the boat, but a good dog at that..lol... rollo

11. plumbbob5000

plumbbob5000 New Member

State:
    Garner, NC
    I'd have to agree also. A friend of mine adopted a dog from a local animal shelter that was said to be a German Shepard/Beagle mix. She's six months old and looks almost identical to yours.

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Damn dog loves diggin out the neighbors trash when it gets loose. lol Had more than one talking to over that this summer.

13. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i know exactly what it is...............A DOG!!!!.........RAT

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Skip what you got is a lifesaver dog lol You took it in and that there dog will pay your family back many a time's to show his love for rescueing him:big_smile:

15. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    I would've guessed German sheppard-Labrodor. But doesn't matter. Purebred dogs are hardly ever worth having. Mutts make the best dogs. We've got a purebred English setter in the house right now that we're watching for someone. I want to kick that dog so bad. No discipline. Not the dog's fault, granted. But still a nuiscance. Lucky for her real owner she's not loaded down with health problems like normal full bloods.

16. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Looks a little like my dog. We call him a scrapper.

Reason being. He eats all the scraps we feed him.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    All right, 3 months ago when this dog ran in front of a car and broke her leg, we took her to the vet to get her leg set.
    My wife asked the Vet what kind of dog we had.
    Our vet said she was a Beagle/Chow mix. The wife told me, and I look at the dog and back at her and say: "The vet is off her rocker". Here's the kicker, the vet will give the dog a DNA test for $150.00 so we know fer sure.lol

I'm saving up as we speak! The suspense is killing me.

Don't send money! That last part is just me being a funny guy lol.

18. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That dog is a purebred Heinz 57 LOL!

19. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My dog looks like a long haired version of that, but what a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that a lot of dogs have that pattern, the black and tan thing is probably the worst way to go to try and figure what it is.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/gormangift/DogBreeds.jpg

I don't know if that link will work, but it has a list of all the major dog breeds, have fun.:wink:

20. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    He looks like a "Sooner" to me .... he would sooner eat and sleep than anything else .... Garry-