What is this old man packin???

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by catchaser19, Jul 19, 2007.

1. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    :confused2:I was fishin at the local pond today, with no luck after fishing with powerbait and worms. I was trying to catch trout. I noticed shortly thereafter that this older fella lookin like a member of zztop was catching fish faster then he could reel them in so i wonder over there to see what the heck he had for breakfast that morning. I end up buying a couple little bags from him one containing white bread the other contained some bb size black balls he told me to mix the balls with the bread and add water so it was like power bait. after mixing it all up it smelled really fishy. I was wondering what are those black balls he had. ANY info would help. I need to know how to make that bait it catches fish like its illegal
    :smile2:

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    ever seen the episode of king of the hill where he uses crack for bait? :roll_eyes:

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    sorry man, have no idea, the only thing i can really think of is old dried up salmon eggs? they do turn brown when they start to get old, wonder if they ever turn black....?

classic, and then he goes back to the crack dealer, and says i need something stronger, then bam busted by the cops :smile2:

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    They were most likely fish or frog eggs of some type. Find out what type of fish are in the river you were fishing,chances are the trout feed on their eggs.

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Wasn't some type of "dried berry" was it???? That would've been a good question to ask the "old man".....Dwight

6. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Thanx for the info guys:wink: