what is this bait

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by crackers, Jun 24, 2009.

1. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    been readin posts here and came across a bait called "Rice Slicks" I think what is it and where do you get it or how do you make it or raise it if it fish bait please tell me..more .....

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    When I grew up in Jonesboro, people referred to Rice Slicks as little bream/perch. People used to catch them in the irrigation ditches around all the rice fields.
    To me, they are just little bream, perch, sunfish or any little fish like that. They make good bait, especially for flathead cats.

3. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I sure thought they were made out of something that had rice cakes in them and to me,cause ive tried them rice cakes my self and they are like eating paper in fact id rather eat paper. didnt think any fish would either unless you put something on them to give them some kind of taste. but i do know now what rice slicks are, and when somebody talks about them and calls them that i dont have to look dumb any more thank you very much

4. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    that's pretty good crackers ...... now u know :smile2: .... another name for them is pond perch ............. i'm still chuckling about the rice cakes ... and i can tell u have eaten them , cause u are 100% correct !!!!

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    If you want to buy them. Some bait shops carry them. In and around Little Rock you can get them at Happy Jacks at the Crystal Hill Exit on I-40.

6. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    When I tryed rice cakes was back in my dumber days,But I have gotten a little smarter I wont eat no more rice cakes. give me a good old slab of tofu any day.

7. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Crackers

Man you are right about the Rice Cakes, they are like trying to eat a piece of ""card board""":roll_eyes:

cliff

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    green perch.pond perch.goggle eyed perch,black perch,and rice slicks are all the same fish.arkansas game and fish have them listed as green perch.

9. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    All these names describe 1 fish which is a green sunfish