What is the weirdest item you have caught fishing?

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Catfish_Commando, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    We have all heard the stories of people fishing reeling in someone's $120 dollar Abu Garcia reel. What has been the weirdest thing you have caught while fishing in the water, either animal or item?

For me, the weirdest item would probably have been an old boom box radio. The weirdest animal that caused me the most stress getting off the hook would have had to be the ole American Snapping Turtle, "SNAP SNAP". Took me 20 minutes to get that hook out :eek:

Do you have any weird catches?

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I guess the weirdest thing I have ever caught is me! I once hooked myself in the eye while fly fishing...W

3. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    A snoopy pole and a stringer and a bra

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    When I was younger I hooked myself twice. I have hooked a dog twice. I caught an anchor once. It was a small canoe anchor. Also while I was fishing the Miss river I reeled in a piece of grating about two foot square.

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Up in Canada I have hooked tree limbs full of lures, but never anything like a bra or a Hawaiian Tropic bus-load of hotties or anything....

My fishing is pretty boring I guess.

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    A grinder. I was sauger fishing below Cheatham Dam near Ashland City, Tennessee and kept hanging something heavy. I would get it up a few feet and then it would come off. Finally I hooked it good and it was a big air powered grinder with a steel brush on it. It had about 20 sauger jigs on it but most of them were too rusty to be any good. Someone must have dropped the grinder while working on the dam. I gave it to the guy I was fishing with. It would still spin freely, but I never heard if it still worked or not.

7. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    A long time ago I was fishing with a friend and his dad in a small boat, I went to cast and somehow my hook got his eye on his pole and pulled the top section off, boy did I feel bad. But when I reeled in my line their it was steal hooked. Pulled in numerous sticks, bags, lures , line and several weights. Had to fish my dipbasket out with a big treble hook. I have had my line with ahook out in the bay with no bait far whatever reason and a crap happened by and got hooked, that was different. :D

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    An old wrought iron plant stand that was in the mud for who knows how long. LOL! I was so proud of it I put it in the front garden at the house. LOL! I have a pic but ti won't let me post cause its already posted somewhere else on the board. Its in the discuss the new BOC here area. OH WELL! SHOOT!

9. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I have caught a casting net that was in great shape. I think they did not attach it to their wrist before throwing...lol. Would have loved to seen it done.
    David Frantz

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    caught a small dead possum in a 35 ft deep hole in march one year. was in excellent condition possibly due to the cold water. gave it to my freind whom i was fishing with, he took it to this foundry where he worked and stuffed it under the bosses desk in an air vent. he said maintainence spent a week trying to figure out where the stench was coming from.

11. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    Ive caught all sorts of things..caught a deer skull once it was a small 4 point,caught what looked to be a pelvis from a cow or horse or some other type of large animal,at first i thought it was just a neat peice of drift wood but later found out it was bone. caught one of them shotgun shell belts that was full of shotgun shells and i also caught a tackle box once,it had lures and stuff in it but all of it was ruined.nothing extremly weird but those are some of the many non fish things i have caught.

12. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    When I was a kid,about 15, my parents dropped my friend and I off at this walk in spot for camping and fishing. The bell started ringing on one of the rods and started stripping line. My friend and I took turns reeling in. Was'nt much of a fight, but sure was heavy. As the line came out of the water, a foot followed, then a leg and the rest of an intoxicated skier that the sherrif had been dragging the river for earlier in the day. This was about 1:00 in the morning. I ran about 2 miles down the levy to the nearest phone. Didnt do the skier any good though. He was quite water logged. Pretty scary for a couple of kids!

13. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    A month or two ago I was fishing with Jagal and Dreadnaught and I ended up catching a bra, panties, and pantie hose all in the same night on different reels. I think someone lost their laundry basket or JW was playin tricks on me and taking off all of his clothes! LOL.

14. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    The first time I every snagged for spoonbill I caught somthing a little different. I borrowed a buddy's snagging pole which had the action of a pool cue and 80 pound test mono. I was jerking the hook when I caught something pretty darn heavy. I was reeling it in and the current was really strong so it almost made you think there was a fish on. I was a liitle heartbroken that my first spoonbill was actually a K-Mart shopping cart. :rolleyes:

15. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    Brent..im gonna go ahead and need you to drop those items off at my house when ya get a chance ok buddy....if you can do that by friday evening that would greeaaaat ok,i wondered where my clothes went. ;)

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Boy, you guys are catching all kinds of neat stuff. All I ever caught that was different, not counting all the trees close to the waters I fish, was a male Swan at a friends pond. Mean old bird, he came right up on the back in attack mode. One of my friends slipped in some goose poop and fell down, the Swan jumped right up on his chest and started pecking him. This was a beautiful swan and I am so sorry that he finally got killed by a coyote, NOT, he was a real pain. I also caught a deer by the hind foot when he came running from behind me and dove over in the water where I was fishing. I had him until he started up the other back, glad he kept going that way instead of coming back to talk about the hook thing. Dick

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught a bat once, yes a flying bat..When I casted out my line wrapped around the neck of a bat and drowned it :D .My wife also caught me in the face once with he rod tip. I was standing behind her when she went to set the hook on a fish! :sad:

18. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I caught a battleship in my pond, when I was a little kid, I had this remote control battleship and it capsized one day then about 6 years later I caught it. I reeled up an old Christmas tree with a bunch of lures attached.

chris

19. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    so far the weirdest thing i have cought is a picnic table from a park lake that fooled one year. it was the second year braided line come out . boy i though i was just gonna love braided line after that but it wasnt much longer that i went back to my berkley mono. o an the time i watched a small turtle chase an catch my spinner bait while bass fishing, my uncle told me about pinching their necks an it will make a turtle go limp till you let go an he was right. pinch his neck an his little legs fell down just like he was paralized an was fine when i pitched him back in the water.

20. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I have found alot of wierd stuf while fishing, but the strangest thing i ever caught on a pole was a seagull while casting out talk about a mess.