What is the status of the spawn?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Jul 12, 2008.

Is the spawn over yet??

1. 100% DONE!

2. 75% complete

3. 50% complete

4. just getting started

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am curious, What is the status of the Spawn in your area??

Please take the time to update everyone on the cats in your favorite fishing hole. With the weekend upon us, its very important and I know it could dictate how some of members spend their weekend.

Thank you in advance for the tips!

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think 75% done is about right overall. I think the spawn is probably over in the deep south, but probably not up north. Where I fish mostly in NW GA and SE TN, I think it is pretty much over too, because the bite for bigger fish has picked back up in the last couple weeks.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the responce. I was hoping to get more input. I expect that your assumptions are correct. I know in Ohio the report is about 75%. At least that is what I am getting from my brother.

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    IT SHOULD BE OVER, I DONT THINK IT IS 100% YET.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I would have to say done in the Potomac. The blues are slammin the bait. About 75% in the Delaware for channels.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id say that we are gettin close to the end. All I have been gettin is smaller ones and they are few and far between. I can not wait until its over with. Oh well, you gotta give em time to make more for us.:wink:

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    In NE Ohio it's almost over. I hope to prove myself right tonight.

8. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    i would have to agree. here in NE ohio its about over,should have some lunkers out there ready to feed!

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    im not so sure bout arkansas.i caught 5 small flatheads last week and 4 of them had eggs in them.so im saying 50%.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    its pretty much over around these parts. they are slowly starting to pick up again

11. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would say it`s almost over here in Pa, the fishing has been brutal the last month or so.

12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I must admit that it surprises me that the Potomac fish are so far along, thanks for your input

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for your assessment. It is very interesting that Arkansas I would have expected you to say that its already complete. Thanks again

Gents it would appear that we are getting a very scattered response. The pole looks to be about 75%, but judging from the responses I would push it up to about 85%. The fish should really be starting to bite soon. Keep us all posted on your experiences.

14. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Here in the main body of the lakes the spawn is done, but....below the dams in the cold water they are as of last week, in full spawn.

Lakes with deep water and dams make the fish spawn at different times, depending on where the fish lives determines spawning triggers. Basically its all about water temp.

-Jim-

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry,Shane,I got no idea here ,I havent caught any cats so ,that leaves me out on firsthand . nobody here talks about the catspawn,only bass and walleye:angry:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    From the reports I've heard the Channels are done. The Flats are hitting pretty good but a few are still a little beat up. By the time I'm able to get back out they'll be 100% done and possibly be doing it again...:crazy::wink::smile2:

17. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That's all very good info, thanks again for posting

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Year round in Texas except dead heat in summer, aug.. I have caught them with eggs up to early fall, Nov.

I think some areas, twice a year.

19. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My assessment in Nebraska is 50% done. I had slow success on the cats in the past week. Managed to boat only a few smaller cats, with the largest being 7 pounds. I talked to a friend that boated 90 cats in one night. He fished with a friend of his and the lake was in NE Nebraska. The cats were caught on coagulated blood bait. The cats averaged 3 pounds and the largest being only 6 pounds. Give it a week and it should pick up! I hope!! lol!:big_smile:

20. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    im gonna say 50% done on the lake i fish, still catch ALOT (1 out of 2) fish that are pregnant.