Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning on buying a new reel pretty soon but i want it to have this feature on it. anyone know what the proper name is, or what i should look for to hear that sweet buzzing sound when a big one hits?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Are you looking for a baitcaster or spinning reel. Most baitcasters come with bait clickers, some are better than others. But spinning reels are a different story. I believe you need to get a baitfeeder style. I don't know much about the spinning reels, but plenty of guys on here do. Good luck.

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,661 Posts
Holksy,
You are such an arse!! But, you are indeed correct sir.
Bait clicker and clicker are the (in)correct, though more common terms. It doesn't really matter what you call it as long as it goes zzzzzz zzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz regularly!!!
Its called a "Line Out Alarm"

Anthony,
I applaud you for asking what some would consider to be a dumb question. There are no dumb questions but there are a lot of dumb assumptions. Welcome to the USCA...W

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the help. i like the baitcaster better myself. never really used a spinning rod so i don't plan on buying one. but ill be sure to look for a "bait feeder" and all the other things it may be! thanks

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
If you call the abu factory and ask them which reels they produce with "CLIKCERS" on them, the young lady will set you straight in a hurry. They are indeed "line out alarms". Seems us ******** didn't want to say that mouthful of words, so it got shortened to "clicker". Myself, I like the line out alarm much better as I lost about 5 pounds of my b.... to that young lady and I don't want to run the chance she may read this post.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you call the abu factory and ask them which reels they produce with "CLIKCERS" on them, the young lady will set you straight in a hurry. They are indeed "line out alarms". Seems us ******** didn't want to say that mouthful of words, so it got shortened to "clicker". Myself, I like the line out alarm much better as I lost about 5 pounds of my b.... to that young lady and I don't want to run the chance she may read this post.
haha thats funny man. but thanks for all the good advice. i might have to just call and ask them. great idea...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Clicker, line out alarm, this is true, but I have other names for you to consider, fishermens alarm clock, a.d.u.t.c.c.c.i.s., (a divise used to create complete caious in seconds,) an instrument used to give you heart attacks, and last but not least, a insterment used to check your love of the sport, when the sound of a clicker dont get your heart racing, its time to find another sport

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Line out alarm, or Clicker,, both work,, as far as terminology.
.It won't matter what you call it when a Big Sow Flathead makes it sound like a piece of carpet ripping!!!

Any Baitcaster worth your money, and worthy of Catfish should have one..:cowboy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.