What is the most disgusting...

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by wolfman, Mar 7, 2008.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    bait that you have tried to catch a catfish on? Was it successful?

2. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd probably have to say old rotten nightcrawlers that were turned into mush, i took them out of the container while trying not to barf and i mixed it with some bee jays, ughhh the stench from the rotten old hot decaying worms was soooo rancid, it made the bee jays smell good!:eek:oooh:

I managed to get two small channel cats off of it that evening, my dog got curious and i held it towards his nose and he growled at me lol

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Walter we went fishing one day could not get any bait and had left the stink bait at home. We followed the bank down steam and found some carp and buffalo dead on the bank. It was rank but we caught a couple of nice fish with it. I have carried stinkbait in the boat every since.

4. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    just leave a container of livers in the sun for a day or so turns green you know its ripe gut renching stuff lmao

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Works good after it turns black and start bubbling. That stuff could gag a maggot. At times, I have caught lots of good channels using it.

6. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi

LMAO i couldn't even fatham using that crap there. the green smells bad enough

7. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    I left chicken livers in the hot sun for several days in a sealed container. I opened it for the first time while in the boat and couldn't even put it on the hook it was so nasty. That had to be the most foulest smell I ever smelled.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    We got them city raised channels here. They wont even look at a bait unless its a 36-40 shelled american caught shrimp, " No import pond stuff" and sauteed with port wine, shallots, and fresh garlic. They smell that powder stuff.....no tip left. LOL

9. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    well rotten liver sure has got to be #1 but ive got a bucket of shad that im letting sit till it dissolves to try in a homemade recipe, its been thawing and freezin all winter and its really gettin my barn pretty rank

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Once bought a jar of unfrozen shad gizzards. Opened the jar and the smell was so bad I had to throw it in the trash. Waste of $7!! Definently buy the frozen shad gizzards next time.:0a24:

mark..

11. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I guess the worst smelling stuff I have ever fished with and caught catfish with was beef blood. Me and my exbrother in law put out some trot lines out in piney creek and he had got some beef blood from some where and wanted to try it. So we cut it in chunks and baited the lines being careful not to nock it off the hook. We done pretty good with it for two or three nights after sitting in the hot sun for three days. I could not handle the smell of that blood any more stink is putting it mildly. It would knock a buzzard off a gut wagon. But we caught catfish up untill we throughed it away.

12. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Ihad two jars of rotten shad sides break on me one in grand mothers garage and that same day fishin on the river in a two man bass boat , picked up the jar and dropped it . Crash all over in the boat all over me and my cousin. That was me going to bait my first pole of the day(95degrees),made for along day and night.:eek:oooh:

13. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Aside from green worms, the foulest thing I ever put on a hook was a spoiled clam. Years ago,while on a drinking expedition, I found a large clam that had popped open. I put the slimy glob of meat on the hook and tossed it out (i'm not sure I could do that sober). Before I could put the rod down, some monster tried to pull it from my hands. My vintage 12# line snapped instantly. I never saw the fish, but eversince I keep an eye out for spoiled clams.

14. phishnutz

phishnutz New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tried some rotten clams we left in a jar to season in the sun. whoooiiee Nasty, but we did catch a few on them.

15. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some rotten livers ,oh how they smelled. had to tie them on and they did work .

16. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Its been a long time but I'll never forget it. When I was a kid, about 13 or 14 Dad used to make me go into the chicken processing plant here local and get a bucket full of chicken guts to bait with. Early in the morning there weren't many chicken guts in that 55 gallon drum that I had to get them out of so I had to bend way over into the drum to get a big handful to put in the bucket. That was a heck of a way to start off your breakfast. The chicken guts worked real well but because of all the sanitation rules nowadays I don't think you can do that anymore. Besides I wouldn't think of using anything anymore since we started using skipjack years ago. Skipjack are the cleanest bait I have ever used.

don3778

17. xkid

xkid New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Worst bait I ever used was green liver. I didn't even get any bites. Do you guys wear gloves when you are touching the rotten stuff or just your bare hands?

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    ever smelled that cheese they bait fiddler nets with? Ya wear it off, soap don't werk. Phuuuu weee, it's rank

19. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    by far the worst smelling stuff i ever used was a concoction my buddy came up with, he took 2 tubs of liver, about 6 shad and some shrimp, put them in a blender the put em in a glass jar in the sun for about a week and made dough bait with it, OMG just opening the bag we had buzzards circling but they wouldnt come close to that stink, we did catch a few channels though:eek:oooh:

20. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Grandpa told my son that anything that is rotten will catch catfish.. so with out my knowledge he took a half tub of chicken liver some night crawlers and some blue cheese with garlic salt and packed it all in the liver tub and put it in the fishing cooler... i got a old Styrofoam cooler outside by the shed that the bait that don't have to refrigerated goes in so nothing stinks up the garage. yea he popped it in there on Tuesday and Saturday we went to the lake. i looked over to see what he was baiting with and he had some pantyhose all ready to go i thought huh got some slimy liver.. OH MY GOD HE OPENED THAT LID AND THE GUYS 50 FEET DOWN THE DAM WERE GAGGING TOO!!!!!!!!!

that stuff got left in the trash can at the lake!!