What is the most crazy thing to drop on you wile limb lining?

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by TrapperMike, Feb 10, 2009.

1. TrapperMike

TrapperMike New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ok your in your boat you see a great looking spot to set a limbline and grab that branch .And you relize not a good idea as soon as you do it .:crazy: Many a spider for me ,lots of ants ,fallen out and landed in my lap or down the back of my shirt . Two times a major wasp nest and 1 hornets nest .Not stung either time but I sure was back paddeling out of there hurry Makes you start looking real close before you just reach up and grab ..LOL Also dived bomed by a kingfisher who was nesting in the tree stump 2 feet away on the bank.They are pretty shy for most part .But she was not a happy camper and did not let up untillI was a good 50 yards away :eek:oooh: Lets hear some of your most notable encounters :smile2:

2. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    I remember camping as a youngster on the Cumberland River for a week. It seems each day we would go under a certain tree and a snake would fall out of a tree and barely miss the boat each time.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Lots and lots of bugs, especially spiders, and oddly enough that's all that I can remember. I guess because I only limbline early in the season is why I haven't ran into anything like hornets or wasps, and I've always kept a keen eye out for snakes.

4. dvkb

dvkb New Member

State:
    texas
    you know those big yellow and black i think there called cow spyders we almost fliped our 14' aluminum flat bottom when one fell on my brother in law

5. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I had a musk rat to run up my arm and jump in the water when I was
    tying a trot line off to a hollow stump one time. He was inside the stump
    and I bumped the stump with the boat and I guess he could not take it anymore and had to go. I don't know who was the most scared me or
    him.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Had a baby coon drop in the boat. He went to squealing and moma coon came after us. Hard to paddle and try to get the little fellow out. We got him out and he went to the bank. Moma was still mad and stayed around for about 20 min. We couldn't leave cause we had a good fish on the line. It was a 9lb channel.:smile2:

7. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    A damp hankerchef my uncle tossed on my neck. Thought the old geezer was going to have a heartattack he laughed so hard. I sure do miss him.

8. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    A man misses days like that. Had Uncles and Granddads that did things like that. Brings a smile to my face when I think about them. Thanks for bringing back memories.

9. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    I'd Have to say my brother, I was running a new motor, the kind with the shifter in the twist grip, well I was easing up to a line with a fish on it, my brother was in the front of the boat getting ready to land the fish, so I need to put motor in reverse to slow down a little and instead of reverse the motor was in forward... the boat lurched forward in under the tree, my brother ,watching the fish didn't see the limb coming, some how that limb went in his jacket collar behind his head, and it hung him up by his collar. I grabbed him and pulled him in the boat as he went by me! After a few choice words directed at me we had a good laugh. never a dull moment.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    We had a beaver to come up next to the boat and flap his tail and the wife liked to had a heart attack. She was through for the day.:smile2:

11. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This past spring was limblinen the river edge with high water --- darn boat got infested with tree frogs lol was catchen tree frogs out the boat all summer. They fell out of the river willows whe had lines on like rain a time or 2.

The other time SNAKE!!!!!! lol big ol water snake

Its all funn and games till a snake falls in the boat :crazy::smile2: