What is the most catfish you caught in one trip and how many did you keep?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigtimingcats69, Mar 20, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    Whats the most pounds of catfish you've caught in one trip? How many fish did you catch!! Just doing a lil research!!

2. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Well over 500 lbs. I caught close to, if not more than, 480 catfish one day last summer. Most incredible thing I'd ever witnessed!!!!!!!!!! Chumming and using Wicked Sticky/Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher. God bless.

3. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Over 247 Lbs. While Using Set Lines On My Favroite Stretch Of The Verdegris River. 14 Total Catfish. 11 Flathead And 3 Large Channels.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    six hours of fishing, caught 4 fish at a total of 128lbs.

5. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    probably around 120 pounds

6. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    not fair saying pounds because there are only channels where i fish and they arnt very big on the average but i caught 34 channel cats with a weight of proably 60. most only being about a pound but a few were up to 5. these were caught on 12 hilgremites and in only 3 hours. also had a few smallmouth, 1 carp, 1 walleye, 6 small stripers, and a few sunfish. every time i looked another pole was going down. didnt keep a single fish.

7. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    me and ducain caught 4 flatheads in about 4hrs fishin. probably weighing around 60 to 100lbs total. cpr ed all four.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Lots of days I fish 3 or 4 hours and catch over 100+ lbs. And keep what we need for the fish fry.
    Or the older people that live around us eat.
    Pete

9. Tar_River_kid

Tar_River_kid New Member

State:
    NC- Nash county
    Dang yall, guess I aight bin holdin my mouth right. Lol probably around 10-12 medium channels and flatheads is about my best.

10. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Damn you boys some serious fisherman .About 27 channels dont know the weight but I aint much into the big uns .Just like to eatum .fried catfish,catfish on a stick ,baked catfish ,catfish etoufee,catfish coubeion,catfish karen,broiled catfish,blackened catfish ,I think thats about it ...........Hey is there catfish sushi or is that just bait ? I feel like bubba on forest gump .Anybody wanna buy a shrimp boat ..:p

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Between my dad and I.......a total of 27 cat's, they we're Channel and Blue cat's and all we're only like 2-7lb. We kept all of them and had a little fish fry.:)

12. Weisscat

Weisscat New Member

State:
    Weiss Lake Alabama
    Chummed off the dock here in leesburg. Just went out there at night and sat, caught 50+ fish mostly Channels and a couple larger blues thrown in the mix. It was really fun... the crazy thing was we ran outta bait and used crickets (that we use to catch bait) and was more successful. It was all fiddler cats but really fun on ultralight tackel. Most of the large cats are at the dam two miles down stream.

13. Weisscat

Weisscat New Member

State:
    Weiss Lake Alabama
    We let most of them go... there is a PCB alert active for most of the Coosa river system can only eat 1lb every few days? (Im not positive)

14. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    probably close to 450 lbs worth of flatties in about a 4 hr period. I think we caught 20 that night, and not one went under 20 lbs. Not one stayed on shore either:grin-big: CPR all the time!

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow, All I can say is the guy who caught 480 catfish in one day caught more fish than I will catch in several years.

16. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I think I would been so wore out after a couple hundred I would have to go home and take a nap, lol.

17. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    LOL!!!!!!!!!! I am a catfish addict. These fish get into such a frenzy that if you don't have a bite within 30 seconds, you're in the wrong spot. I'll actually reel in and re-bait. Most of the fish would hit before the bait settled on the bottom. We had MANY more days like that last year, but my fishing buddies couldn't stay any longer. This year they'll stick with it more I hope. This is in a public fishing lake here in Missouri, off their boat ramp area. The local conservation agent stopped by one day and watched in total amazement for over an hour and told everyone about us catching over 200 fish in an hour!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! It probably wasn't that many, but they were on fire. 3 of us fished that day and between us all we caught close to 1000 fish. Biggest fish I caught last year was around 9 lbs. or so. Most fish are solid 1 lb fish. I mark each catfish on their belly fins and out of 10,000 or so fish, only caught 20 some again!!!!!!!!! Lake is only 150 acres or less. Limit is 4, and we keep 4 good eaters as often as possible, since there are SO many in there. God bless.

18. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    I 2nd that flathunter! That's a lot of fish. My best ever was on Lewisville Lake a couple years back. Three of us caught about 60 blues/channels in about a 1/2 day all between 2-7 lbs. Thought I was a professional that day:cool:
    Lucas

19. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    My partner and I were prefishing for the Alton tourny and caught 5 blues that went 254lbs. and a total of 9 blues for 303lbs. It was the best day we have evert had...

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nuthinlikeacat

I want to be just like you thats a fish every 12 minutes and that not with the fight you had, lol that had to be a great day indeed.

Posted by : ASASIN

Holy smokies !! thats if you fished for 10 hours in a row you would had to caught a fish every 1.3 Minutes , I am moving to your place, move over I am steping in. :)