What Is The Longest You Have Fought A Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by timbo, Jul 16, 2006.

1. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ME IT WAS ABOUT 8 MINS AND LINE BROKE:crazy: :angry:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    A few years ago I was fishing below the Carlyle Dam and hooked a large "cat". After an hour or so, I pulled in a 30 lb Asian Carp that I had snagged in the tail. In addition to hooking it in the tail, he was using the heavy current to his advantage. It was still one heck of a fight!

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I would say that it was 10 minutes... but it sure felt longer!

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I would say 8 minutes would be a great guess. Has been a couple years. Now I catch the bait I threw out, does not take long to reel it in. hehehe

5. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Was fishing in heavy current just below a dam on the Arkansas river, throwing from the bank up into the boils right at the dam when I hooked into a monster, fought that thing for hours ( really about 20 minutes) when it finally came out from behind the wing dam and headed down stream, pulled hard but not any of the drag stripping and hard pulling it had been doing at the base of the dam. When I got it to shore it was a 4 foot long log as big around as a softball. Sure did fight good up in the back flow of the dam, if I'd broke it off it probably would've been a state record.

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Mine was about 30 minutes last weekend when i caught my PB

7. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    About 30 minutes. I caught a 12lb. channel while bluegill fishing with 4lb. line.

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Mine was a 25# Flatty I caught while catching eater Channels on a Zebco 33 on 8# test. Eveytime I got him anywhere close to the bank off he would run again, it took me 45 minutes to get him in the net. I was glad it was a good open area where he could run with out snagging up. My arms were sure sore the next day, LOL. (I been chasing them bigguns ever since.):big_smile:

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fought my biggest channel for about 10 minutes

10. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I fought a 15 - 18 blue for about 10 minutes. Was on 8-pound line though.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    About 6 months,but it was not a fish.peewee-williams

12. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    40 minutes is my longest fight. That was the catfish in my avatar picture. 33 inches long, 20 lbs on a 6'6" medium spinning rod with 10 lb test. He went where he wanted, when he wanted. That was fun!

13. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    i don't know what my longest fight was time wise... Ive caught several that have put up more then 2 minutes of fight before coming in... I'll fight little 2-4 lbers for how ever long it takes them to get back up to the dock/shore/etc on 4 lb test line... some take 2 minutes others 5 or 6... and the fiestier ones take 15+... Great fight though so i don't mind at all... My PB channel cat put up a good fight that felt like 20 min. but was probably only 5 or 6... Its no fun to try and horse a fish in... esp when your using relatively light line (4 WWSC,12 or 15 BBG on all but tourny rods which have 25# BBG)

14. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    30 min at least, had 25 pound plus flat on while crappie and cat fishing. surprisingly he hit on my crappie pole. finally broke my line but i saw him twice, almost got him in. i was reaching with the net in one hand and ultalight in other and fish wasnt even tired, took about 20 yards then wraped me on something

15. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    20-30 minutes for me. 30lb blue on a 7 foot medium rod with smaller reel.

16. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I had one hang me up on a submerged tree once and waited the sucker out. It took me 45 minutes to get him in the 33 pound blue, but 30 of it was waiting for him to get out of the structure.

17. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Fought a 28 pound flathead for at least 20 minutes on small rod with 8 pound test bait was a 2 inch creek chub.

18. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    with the 83 pounder we fought each other for about 20 min. and that was too long...lol, and i have fought a gar for what seemed like forever (30 min maybe)he got off at the dock...thank god.

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I ain't never caught a big one with a long fight. I watched a guy that was snagging below the dam at Tichnor on the Arkansas River fight one at least 1/2 hour. He was using one of those 14 foot snagging rods and he would stand on the butt end of it and grab it in the middle and pull all he could and the guy running the motor would drag him away from the dam. Then they would run toward the dam and he would reel up the slack, well he finally got it in and it weight about 30 pounds. It was a rock with about 20 feet of rope on it. Someone had lost an anchor. They were wore out after that and they quit and went home. Sure was a funny sight.

ST

20. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I fought a 2-lb fish for 30 minutes.... then it finally got unrapped from the log it was hooked up to.:smile2: