What is the Fishing Secret?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by jsharris, Jun 5, 2007.

1. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    It seems like it is just a submersable green florecent light. Has anyone had any experience with this product. I would like to use something like this to catch shad.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    it is just a green light-everbody makes them-different companies have different versions, i used a $10 light from academy & caught a bucket full of shad-minnows swim around the light just throw your net let it sink below the light & take em out of the net!!if u watch his video he doesn't show the light but u can see the glow in the water

3. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    I figured that is what it was. I am wanting to put something like that at the end of my floating dock on the neches river. I think he was asking about 200 for his. i could by 20 of them by the time i pay for one of those.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    exactly right! They charge so much because it is a scam. The regular green lights work just as well.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    For catching shad at night any light will work, even a flashlight. Hand-held spotlights work great. If you can get the shad to gather in the light then turn it off they become disoriented and that is the moment to throw the net.
    If you want to catch other kinds if bait fish and have access to a dock with power try hanging a bug zapper light over the water. As the bugs drop down into the water all kinds of bait fish come around. One throw of the net and you have a load of bait...W

6. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    If it is a scam then why are we letting them sell on our site?

7. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bass Pro sells a 9" green light for $11.99 and a 21" for $17.88. Sounds like a lot better deal to me. I am guessing that this light would draw bigger game like catfish and crappie to the baitfish right?

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    the fishing secret isn't being sold on this site.

it is a google ad link

I don't think that paul can block all of the fishing secret ads which is why you see them.

9. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    That sucks. Have you had much luck with this type of thing?

10. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i have used about six of those glow sticks before tied them with a rubber band and string and laid it over the boat it worked just as good.

11. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    If you look on the auction sites under green fishing lights, you canget a 48 inch light for around $125

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I bought one of those fishing secret since 1947 lights. I got green, amber, and white. Actually, I am not sure where they are. Bottom line IMHO go the cheap route. It is no more scam than anything else. They sold me at the time on it's value, and I bit. Simple. I blame myself cause I saw the hype words but couldn't help myself.

13. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Small firecrackers work like dynamite for those minows or you may even wanna get dive certified and buy a harpoon

14. pappacrappie

pappacrappie New Member

State:
    big sandy,tennessee
    the green light bass pro sells works best for me catching shad...and its alot cheaper...

15. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Does a green light work better than white lights?