What is the biggest fish to ever come out of Monticello?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Freeman.360, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

????

2. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I have no clue, but the men to ask would be pop pop, Patmansc, bruce edmunds, steve_b, preacherfisherman, or Sunbird. They'd be able to tell you, probably....

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Biggest I have caught was 32, largest I saw was around 65 or close to that, think pop pop has one bigger than that thoguh.

4. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    The biggest I caught was 32lb, but like everybody else has said they have been bigger ones caught.

5. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    I fished the boat dock at Monty during The week of July 4th. Saw a 35 and a 45 pounder released at the boat dock my first night fishing. I caught a 20 pounder also that night off of the boat dock. The one pictured in POP POP's avatar looks to be 60 or 70 Lbs. It was caught on Monticello.:big_smile:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I was lucky enough to catch an 80 lber from Monty last year And its still swimming as for as I know.:big_smile:

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I saw a picture in the white block store near monty of someone with a giant blue that they claimed to be 104 lbs dont know if its true or not maybe some one else saw this pic that has more info

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Chrisblue where are u? He would know this info probably.:wink:

I think "The Grand Wizard Ole' Mister Catsmacker", Pop Pop could tell ya a tale or two? Look at that avatar!! :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

I grew up several miles from Monty and have heard it all! I did have a friend catch a 75lber. last summer in my boat. :big_smile: I also have a friend that caught and released a 112lbs. Blue. He kept it in a bathtub for three days as the "main attraction" for a weekend country, bonfire, shine drinkin' party he had. I have a pic of that fish but can't find it anywhere!! I have looked and looked! It is about to drive me crazy!:confused2::angry:
    If I remember correctly it is dated July '97.

That would be one BIG fish now!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

You know what, I am sure The Grand Wizard Master of Catsmackin is in hot pursuit of that fish as I type!! :wink:

9. Grizdog

Grizdog New Member

State:
    SC
    That must have been some party! Where did the family take a bath for those three days??

10. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Lucky for them it wasn't that time of the month!!!:eek:oooh:

Actually it was one of several they had around the farm that were used to catch run-off water from the roof and the animals, and sometimes his ugly :eek:oooh: sister, drank out of.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:!!!

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...I also have a friend that caught and released a 112lbs. Blue. He kept it in a bathtub for three days as the "main attraction" for a weekend country, bonfire, shine drinkin' party he had...."

Gonna call BS on that one!! :roll_eyes:

112 pounds, new state record, was around for THREE DAYS, and there is no record or photo of it???? :roll_eyes:

I call BS. :wink:

:smile2::crazy::tounge_out: